Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Ashwini Chaudhary|
|Produced by||Rajesh Rajilal|
|Screenplay by||Ashwini Chaudhary|
|Story by||Ashwini Chaudhary|
|Edited by||Biren Jyoti Mohanty|
|Distributed by||Prasar Visions Pvt. Ltd.|
|Budget||₹210 million (US$3.1 million)|
|Box office||₹334 million (US$5.0 million)|
Jodi Breakers (English: Couple Breakers) is a 2012 Hindi language Indian romantic comedy film directed by Ashwini Chaudhary. The film features R. Madhavan and Bipasha Basu in the leading roles with Omi Vaidya, Dipannita Sharma and Milind Soman in supporting roles. The film had been previously titled as Shaadi Fast Forward but was later changed to Jodi breakers. It was released on 24 February 2012 to negative reviews from critics however opened to mixed response at the box office.
Sid (R. Madhavan), a bachelor works as a divorce managing officer. He meets Sonali (Bipasha Basu), who joins him in his business of splitting couples and they earn well in the process. Together, they are known as the Jodi (Couple) Breakers. Sometimes, they secretly make husband and wife fight with each other, that will result in their divorce. This happens with Marc (Milind Soman) and Maggie (Dipannita Sharma). But when Marc finds out the reason that got him and Maggie divorced, hell breaks loose.
- R. Madhavan as Sid Khanna
- Bipasha Basu as Sonali Agnihotri
- Omi Vaidya as Nainsukhbhai Chamanlal Patel
- Dipannita Sharma as Maggie
- Milind Soman as Marc
- Mrinalini Sharma as Ira
- Helen as Madonna
- Tarana Raja Kapoor as Dr. Isha
- Mazhar Sayed
Jodi Breakers faced controversy when the Indian distributors of the 2010 French film Heartbreaker alleged that the story of Jodi Breakers was plagiarised from Heartbreaker. The makers of Jodi Breakers offered to let the Heartbreakers team read the entire script, provided they agree to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA), which the Heartbreakers team was unwilling to sign.
The movie received mixed to negative reviews from critics. Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama gave the movie 3 out of 5 stars and concluded his review pointing out, "Jodi Breakers has an engrossing and smartly executed second half that tilts scales in its favor. The right dose of drama and romance, besides a trendy, harmonious musical score, only act as toppings". Kanika Sikka of DNA India gave the movie 2 out of 5 stars, mentioning, "Leave all expectations behind before entering the hall and you 'might' (urgency redefined) walk out with a smiling face." Mansha Rastogi of Nowrunning gave the movie 2 out of 5 stars, noting, "Jodi Breakers fails to make up for a good rom-com. Watch the film only if you are a fan of Maddy and Bips." Savera R Someshwar of Rediff.com gave the movie 1 out of 5 stars, stating, "Jodi Breakers could have been a good romance or a good comedy but it's neither. The film is seriously flawed." Komal Nahta of Koimoi.com also gave the movie 1 in a scale of 5 stars and added, "Jodi Breakers is a dull show. It will not be able to break even.". Faisal Saif of Global Movie magazine gave the film 2 out of 5 stars and stated, "Nothing great [about the movie] to write about except performances".
|Soundtrack album by Salim-Sulaiman|
|Released||17 January 2012|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|2.||"Bipasha"||Shrraddha Pandit, Shadab Faridi||4:42|
|3.||"Darmiyaan"||Shafqat Amanat Ali, Clinton Cerejo||5:55|
|4.||"Mujhko Teri Zaroorat Hai"||Salim Merchant, Shadab Faridi, Shrraddha Pandit||5:25|
|5.||"Jab Main Tumhare Saath Hoon"||Salim Merchant, Benny Dayal, Shilpa Rao||5:12|
|6.||"Darmiyaan (Reprise)"||Shreya Ghoshal||2:44|
|7.||"Bipasha (Remix)"||Salim Merchant, Shrraddha Pandit||4:41|
|8.||"Mujhko Teri Zaroorat Hai (Remix)"||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Shrraddha Pandit||4:41|
The album received mixed to positive reviews. Joginder Tuteja of Bollywood Hungama gave the music an overall rating of three and half out of five saying "Jodi Breakers has all in it to be one of the more popular albums at the very beginning of the year. Salim-Sulaiman along with Irshad Kamil and Shabbir Ahmed have done their job and now it is up to the makers to make the most out of it and promote it well enough to enhance the music's reach." Rumnique Nannar of Bollyspice concluded "Jodi Breakers is a good album but it is let down by two duds that fail rise above the humdrum lyrics."
- "Will Bipasha spoil Kareena's party? – bollywood news". glamsham.com. 8 December 2011. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "2nd Week Collections of JODI BREAKERS". Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- "'Shaadi Fast Forward' for Madhavan-Bipasha starrer – Bollywood Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 10 December 2011. Retrieved 23 December 20113. Check date values in:
- "Madhavan: Jodi Breakers is not a copy!". 20 January 2012. Rediff.com. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- Taran Adarsh. "Jodi Breakers Review Bollywood Hungama". Bollywoodhungama.com. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- Kanika Sikka. "Jodi Breakers Review DNA India". DNAIndia.com. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- Mansha Rastogi. "Jodi Breakers Review Nowrunning". Nowrunning.com. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- Savera R Someshwar. "Jodi Breakers Review Rediff". Rediff.com. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- Komal Nahta. "Jodi Breakers Review Koimoi". Koimoi.com. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- 'Jodi Breakers' Movie Review: Movie Talkies
- Bollywood Hungama News Network (17 January 2012). "T-Series, Jodi Breakers". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2011-09-05.
- "Jodi Breakers(2012)".
- "Jodi Breakers Music Review".