Joe Eigo at the Mount Shasta Vortex
February 19, 1980 |
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Joe Eigo is the joint creator of "Multi Level Moves", which is "an experiment to explore the limits of the human body", essentially just a rebranding of what is known as Tricking. He was a member of the Jackie Chan Stunt Team, performed with Chan in the 2004 film Around the World in 80 Days, and also performed in the 2006 Toronto musical production of The Lord of the Rings.
Eigo's "Matrix - for Real" video has been seen over 4.5 million times on Metacafe, for which he had made US$25,000 as of January 2007. In the video, Eigo flips from boulders, trees and training mats, performs strings of back flips in the middle of a street, tosses a soccer ball in the air and then kicks it while completing a back flip.
Eigo is also an enthusiastic conspiracy theorist. Most of his conspiracies are similar to those spread by David Icke.
- American Pie Presents: Beta House (2007)
- American Pie 5: The Naked Mile (2006) (stunts) (USA: informal title), aka American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile (Australia: DVD box title)
- Around the World in 80 Days (2004 film) (stunts) (as Jeffrey Joseph Eigo)
- LazyTown (2004) TV Series (stunt double for Sportacus 10), aka Latibær (Iceland)
- Christmas Rush (2002) (TV) (stunts) (uncredited), aka Breakaway (USA: video title)
- Odyssey 5 (2002) (TV) (stunt double)
- Witchblade (2000) (TV) (stunt double)
- Newey, Guy. (September 24, 2004) Evening Mail "Flying kicks in the flicks! Brum stuntman hopes to emulate star Jackie". Section: News; Page 3.
- Joe Eigo’s Myspace.
- John, Patrice. (October 18, 2005) Evening Mail "Kung fu: Youths get a kick out of Nathan - Martial arts expert is passing his high energy skills on to city kids". Section: Sport; Page 33.
- Kuchwara, Michael. (March 12, 2006) Buffalo News "'Lord' of the stage The big-budget theatrical adaptation of 'Lord of the Rings' is set for its grand opening this month in Toronto". Section: Entertainment; Page G1
- Toronto Star. (March 12, 2007) "Star team honoured in photojournalism contest". Section: News; Page A2.
- The Economist. (November 11, 2006) "Internet video: We try harder; If YouTube is the Hertz of web-based video, Metacafe wants to be Avis". Issue 950; Section: The Economist November 11, 2006; Page 90.
- Business Wire (October 30, 2006) Metacafe Launches Producer Rewards(TM) for Short Video Creators.
- Yinka Adegoke (January 26, 2007). "Users go professional with online video". The Washington Post.
Joe Eigo's "Matrix - For Real" has been the top video in Metacafe's Producer Rewards scheme with 5 million views, making him over $25,000 in just a few months.
- Marion, Fred. (January 12, 2007) Palm Beach Post "The Freddies: Web video awards '06". Section: Accent; Page 1E.
- "Spokespeople: Celebrities: Joe Eigo, Action Star Stunt Performer". Tahitian Noni website.
- Gerson, Jen. (October 31, 2006) Toronto Star "Off the wall flips; T.O. flipmaster's online video puts him in the money 'I get hungry before I get tired,' stuntman says". Section: Life; Page D4.