Joseph E. "Joe" Stoy is a British computer scientist. He originally studied physics at Oxford University. Early in his career, in the 1970s, he worked on denotational semantics with Christopher Strachey in the Programming Research Group at the Oxford University Computing Laboratory (now the Oxford University Department of Computer Science). He was a Fellow of Balliol College, Oxford. He has also spent time at MIT in the United States. In 2003, he co-founded Bluespec, Inc.
- Joe Stoy: Research interests, Oxford University Computing Laboratory, UK.
- "IFIP Working Group 2.3: Programming Methodology". News. Microsoft Research. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- Joe Stoy, Denotational Semantics: The Scott-Strachey Approach to Programming Language Semantics, MIT Press, 1981. (Paperback.) ISBN 978-0-262-69076-8.
- "Profile: Dr Gabrielle Stoy". UK: Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- Joseph E. Stoy at DBLP Bibliography Server
- Program Verification and Semantics: The Early Work
|This article on a computer specialist of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|