This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Makower in 2017
|Born||February 19, 1952|
Oakland, California, U.S.
Joel Makower (born 19 February 1952 in Oakland, California) is an American entrepreneur, writer and strategist on sustainable business, clean technology, and green marketing. His work has focused on three principal topics: how companies of all sizes and sectors are integrating environmental thinking into their operations in a way that produces business value; the creation of new companies and markets for clean energy, clean water, and advanced materials; and the strategies and tactics that companies use in order to communicate and market their environmental efforts and leadership, especially to consumers.
Makower has written more than a dozen books, including Strategies for the Green Economy, The Green Consumer, The E-Factor: The Bottom Line Approach to Environmentally Responsible Business and Beyond the Bottom Line: Putting Social Responsibility to Work for Your Business and the World. In 2010, Makower was awarded the Hutchens Medal by the American Society for Quality. In 2014, he was inducted into the Hall of Fame of the International Society of Sustainability Professionals.
Makower also writes and speaks on the environmental impact of consumerism. Makower writes a blog on these topics, “Two Steps Forward” and contributes to Worldchanging and other blogs on progressive business topics.
- Joel Makower: Business. The Environment. The Bottom Line. Archived 2007-10-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- Why Joel Makower Is Optimistic About The Future Of Green Business
- Kerry Hannon (2008-12-18). "How does a company adapt in a world gone green?". USA Today.
- Hutchens Medalists
- ISSP Sustainability Hall of Fame
- Joel Makower, Save the Buyosphere! Selling Green in the Age of More, More, MORE, BrightTALK, April 24, 2009.
- Joel Makower, Save the Buyosphere! - Consumer Behavior, By the Book, Futurelab, June 18, 2006.