This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||Health and fitness expert, businessman, nutritionist and motivational speaker|
|Awards||National Fitness Hall of Fame (2007)|
John Abdo is an American health and fitness expert & coach, businessman, nutritionist, motivational speaker and a TV personality. He has worked as a Strength & Conditioning Coach for numerous U.S. Olympic team athletes for the 1976, 1980, 1984, 1988 Olympic Games. Abdo has been a part of fitness profession for more than four decades and was inducted into the National Fitness Hall of Fame in 2007. He has authored several books including Body Engineering, "Make Your Body a Fat-Burning Machine", "Ultimate Sexual Health & Performance", and "Brain Sensation & Motivation".
His AB-Doer invention was particularly popular, and has generated five-hundred million dollars in sales since 1997.
John is also the formulator and spokesperson for Androzene, a male sexual-health supplement, and Flozene, a prostate health formula for men.
- "John Abdo". Healthy.net. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "John Abdo | Life Extension Magazine". LifeExtension.com. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- Runner's World. Rodale, Inc. January 2007. p. 35. ISSN 0897-1706.
- Tuttle, Dave (April 1, 2007). "A passion for fitness. (Wellness PROFILE: John Abdo)". Life Extension. Life Extension. High Beam. Archived from the original on February 20, 2016. Retrieved December 2, 2015.(subscription required)
- "Hall of Fame Inductees". National Fitness Hall of Fame. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Fitness Innovator Gets Rare Honor - John Abdo to be Inducted into Hall of Fame" (Press release). Addison, Illinois. 12 March 2007. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Abdo, John (May 1, 1997). Body Engineering (1st ed.). New York, NY: Perigee Trade, Berkley Publishing Group. ISBN 0399522948. ISBN 978-0399522949.
- Hess, Henry M.; Farrell, Tiffany (2008). The Perfect Menopause: 7 Steps to the Best Time of Your Life. Rochester, New York: Greenleaf Book Group, Westfall Park Pub. Group. p. 140. ISBN 978-1-60402-935-2.
- Foreman, Louis; Welytok, Jill Gilbert (1 May 2015). The Independent Inventor's Handbook: The Best Advice from Idea to Payoff. New York, NY: Workman Publishing Company. p. 156. ISBN 978-0-7611-5973-5.
|This biographical article related to American sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|