This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||Health and fitness expert, businessman, nutritionist and motivational speaker|
|Awards||National Fitness Hall of Fame (2007)|
John Abdo is an American health and fitness expert & coach, businessman, nutritionist, motivational speaker and a TV personality. He has worked as a Strength & Conditioning Coach for numerous U.S. Olympic team athletes for the 1976, 1980, 1984, 1988 Olympic Games. Abdo has been a part of fitness profession for more than four decades and was inducted into the National Fitness Hall of Fame in 2007. Abdo has introduced a number of line of health, nutrition and sports/fitness equipment, including No Excuses™ nutrition and fitness systems, instructional DVDs, and life coaching. He has authored several books including Body Engineering, "Make Your Body a Fat-Burning Machine", "Ultimate Sexual Health & Performance", and "Brain Sensation & Motivation".
John's AB-DOer invention, claimed to have over 5 million users around the world, is the World's First Midsection Aerobic Machine with its corresponding system called ABDOBICS™ which represents 'Abdominal Aerobics™'. His AB-Doer invention was particularly popular, and has generated five-hundred million dollars in sales since 1997.
John is also the formulator and spokesperson for Androzene®, the popular TV all-natural, male, sexual-health supplement, and Flozene, the all-natural, prostate-health formula for men.
- "John Abdo". Healthy.net. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "John Abdo | Life Extension Magazine". LifeExtension.com. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- Runner's World. Rodale, Inc. January 2007. p. 35. ISSN 0897-1706.
- Tuttle, Dave (April 1, 2007). "A passion for fitness. (Wellness PROFILE: John Abdo)". Life Extension. Life Extension. High Beam. Retrieved December 2, 2015.(subscription required)
- "Hall of Fame Inductees". National Fitness Hall of Fame. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Fitness Innovator Gets Rare Honor - John Abdo to be Inducted into Hall of Fame" (Press release). Addison, Illinois. 12 March 2007. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Abdo, John (May 1, 1997). Body Engineering (1st ed.). New York, NY: Perigee Trade, Berkley Publishing Group. ISBN 0399522948. ISBN 978-0399522949.
- Hess, Henry M.; Farrell, Tiffany (2008). The Perfect Menopause: 7 Steps to the Best Time of Your Life. Rochester, New York: Greenleaf Book Group, Westfall Park Pub. Group. p. 140. ISBN 978-1-60402-935-2.
- Foreman, Louis; Welytok, Jill Gilbert (1 May 2015). The Independent Inventor's Handbook: The Best Advice from Idea to Payoff. New York, NY: Workman Publishing Company. p. 156. ISBN 978-0-7611-5973-5.
|This biographical article related to American sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|