John Barton (businessman)
Robert John Orr Barton
23 August 1944
|Alma mater||University of Strathclyde|
|Occupation||Chairman, Next plc|
|Board member of||Next plc|
Robert John Orr Barton was born in August 1944, in Lahore during the British Raj. He was educated at Gordonstoun School, completed an MBA at University of Strathclyde, and is a chartered accountant.
Barton has been the chief executive of JIB Group and chairman of Cable and Wireless, Catlin Group, Jardine Lloyd Thompson, Wellington Underwriting, and Brit plc, and a non-executive director of WH Smith plc and Hammerson.
Barton lives in the UK.
- "NEXT PLC - Officers (free information from Companies House)". Drbeta.companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- ‘BARTON, (Robert) John (Orr)’, Who's Who 2017, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2017
- "John Barton | Saïd Business School". Sbs.ox.ac.uk. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- "Our board – Next Plc". Nextplc.co.uk. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- Martin Strydom (17 April 2013). "John Barton to be next easyJet chairman". Telegraph.co.uk.
- Jennifer Rankin. "EasyJet replaces Mike Rake with Next chairman John Barton". The Guardian. Retrieved 21 April 2016.