John Forbes (Iowa politician)
85th General Assembly portrait (2013)
|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives
from the 40th district
January 14, 2013
|Preceded by||Lance Horbach|
|Born||1956 (age 59–60)
Clarion, Iowa, U.S.
|Children||2 children and one lovely daughter in law - James|
As of May 2013[update], Forbes serves on several committees in the Iowa House – the Commerce, Local Government, Transportation, and Ways and Means committees. He also serves as a member of the Health and Human Services Appropriations Subcommittee.
Forbes was born in Clarion, Iowa, and raised in Eagle Grove, Iowa. He has been a small business owner for over 32 years. He is a pharmacist and owns and operates Medicap Pharmacy in Urbandale, Iowa.
|Iowa House of Representatives primary elections, 2012 
|Iowa House of Representatives general elections, 2012 
|Democratic (newly redistricted)||John Forbes||Democratic||9,113||50.54%|
Forbes is a member of the following organizations:
- Member and past president of the Urbandale Chamber of Commerce
- Board member for the Urbandale Library Foundation Board
- Des Moines Area Metropolitan Advisory Committee
- Past president of the Iowa Pharmacy Association
- Past president of the Polk County Pharmacists Association
Honors and awards
Forbes received the Bowl of Hygenia Award from the Iowa Pharmacy Association in 2010 for his work in community service. In 2011, he won the Hero's of the Heartland Award from the American Red Cross.
- "New Member Profile: John Forbes". Iowa House. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- "2012 Primary Election Canvass Summary" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. p. 139. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "2012 General Election Canvass Summary" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. p. 86. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to John Forbes (Iowa politician).|
- Representative John Forbes official Iowa General Assembly site
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Financial information (state office) at the National Institute for Money in State Politics
|Iowa House of Representatives|
|This article about an Iowa politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|