John Guppy is the owner of Gilt Edge Soccer Marketing, a soccer-specific marketing agency.
Guppy was Executive VP of the MetroStars until 2005, when he was chosen by former Chicago Fire owners AEG to replace the popular Peter Wilt in Chicago—a move that resulted in substantial fan backlash and protest. He successfully managed the team's move from Soldier Field to Toyota Park in Bridgeview in 2006. and was recognized by Crains Business Magazine as one of Chicago's 40 under 40 important business leaders.
John Guppy was born in Winchester, England and is a 1990 graduate of New Hampshire College and 1992 graduate of the University of Massachusetts Amherst. He currently lives in Naperville, Illinois with his family.
John is also the cousin of former England national team midfielder Steve Guppy.
- "Spotlight: John Guppy". sportsbusinessjournal.com.
- "Fire Fire Peter Wilt, Fans Protest". chicagoist.com. Retrieved December 31, 2007.
- "A chat with John Guppy". espn.com.
- "Focus: 40 under 40". Crain's Chicago Business. 23 October 2006.
- "Chicago Fire president and GM John Guppy leaves team". usatoday.com. April 11, 2008. Retrieved May 6, 2010.