John Lang (priest)
The Very Reverend John Harley Lang (27 October 1927 – June 3, 2012) was an Anglican priest in the second half of the 20th century.
He was born on 27 October 1927 and educated at Merchant Taylors' and King's College London. After National Service with the 12th Royal Lancers he was ordained in 1952. Following a curacy at the large city parish of St Mary's, Portsea, Portsmouth he was Priest Vicar of Southwark Cathedral then Chaplain of Emmanuel College, Cambridge. From 1963 until 1980 he worked in religious broadcasting for the BBC. Finally he was Dean of Lichfield for 13 years. He died on 3 June 2012.
- Church web site
- Who's Who 2008: London, A & C Black, 2008 ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- National Church Institutions Database of Manuscripts and Archives
- Staffordshire archives
- The Times, Wednesday, Jan 23, 1980; pg. 10; Issue 60531; col A Church news New Dean of Lichfield
- Lichfield Cathedral web-site
- Daily Telegraph Issue no 48,844 dated June 12, 2012 "Head of BBC broadcasting who later met the challenge of change at Lichfield Cathedral"
|Church of England titles|
George Edward Holderness
|Dean of Lichfield
Nicholas Thomas Wright
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|