John Norris (reporter)
This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
March 20, 1959 |
|Alma mater||New York University|
|Known for||MTV News reporter|
John Norris (born March 20, 1959) is an American music journalist, known as a reporter and special correspondent for MTV News and the MTV Radio Network.
Norris joined MTV as a writer in 1988 and became an on-air alternate for news anchor Kurt Loder in 2000. In 1992, he became the anchor for the network's morning show. From 1996–1998 he served as MTV News' Los Angeles correspondent. In 1998 he returned to New York and in 2000 was promoted to Senior Correspondent for MTV News. He gained further notability through his reporting of special topics within politics and global issues such as with Choose or Lose and Positively Global and has conducted many celebrity interviews.
Originally from Houston and a graduate of New York University with a degree in broadcast journalism, Norris lives in New York City. He is vegetarian, and has appeared in two PETA videos promoting animal rights and vegetarianism. He has also done non-profit work for Mercy for Animals, GLAAD and GLSEN.
In December 2008, Norris left MTV. He is no longer listed as a correspondent by MTV News, though he appeared on June 25, 2009, to discuss the career of Michael Jackson, who had died earlier that day.
In June 2009, Norris was a founding partner in the music website Noisevox. He served as managing editor for the site and host of the Indie Rock interview series "Noisemakers on Noisevox" and "Face Time". Noisevox. As a freelance journalist Norris has written about music and culture for VICE, Entertainment Weekly, Yahoo, Refinery 29, Interview, MTV Iggy and MTV Hive, as well as Dazed, Interview, V, and VMAN, magazines.
In April 2013, he was hired by the music channel Fuse, as Supervising Producer of the nightly "Fuse News", where he also appeared periodically as an on-air correspondent.
- Biography page on Westwood One Archived 2007-05-14 at the Wayback Machine.
- MTV News Correspondents: John Norris - Biography Archived 2006-12-05 at the Wayback Machine.
- The PETA Files: John Norris = Vegan Archived 2008-01-20 at the Wayback Machine.
- "MTV's John Norris' Vegetarian PSA - peta2". 20 July 2011. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "Celebrities' Veggie Testimonials". peta.org. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2006-12-05. Retrieved 2006-12-06.
- Noisevox (17 November 2009). "Deerhunter Interview: Part 2 of 6". Retrieved 16 November 2017 – via YouTube.
- "Dan Deacon Talks About His New Album and Being Addicted to Stress". 18 February 2015. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "The slow, curious fade of the male pop star". Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "Nick Jonas: "I'm Not a Piece of Meat"". Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "John Norris's Recent Articles - Refinery29". refinery29.com. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "Sky Ferreira on Drug Arrest: "The Whole Thing Was So F-cked Up"". Fuse. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: John Norris|