John Olerud Award
|John Olerud Award|
Logo for the John Olerud Award
|Given for||Best two-way player in college baseball|
|Presented by||College Baseball Foundation|
|Most recent||Brooks Wilson, Stetson Hatters|
|Website||John Olerud Award|
The John Olerud Two-Way Player of the Year Award (known colloquially as the John Olerud Award) is a college baseball award given to the best two-way player of the season. The award is named after former Washington State Cougars All-American pitcher and first baseman John Olerud. The current holder of the award is Brooks Wilson of the Stetson Hatters.
|Denotes player also won the Golden Spikes Award and/or Dick Howser Trophy in the same year|
|2010||Mike McGee||Florida State||Junior|||
|2014||A. J. Reed||Kentucky||Junior|||
|2016||Brendan McKay (2)||Louisville||Sophomore|||
|2017||Brendan McKay (3)||Louisville||Junior|||
- "McGee Wins Olerud Award". seminoles.com. July 5, 2010. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "Hultzen wins Olerud Award". Augusta Free Press. Retrieved May 29, 2014.
- "Brian Johnson John Olerud Award: UF's Brian Johnson wins John Olerud Award - Orlando Sentinel". Articles.orlandosentinel.com. July 1, 2012. Retrieved May 29, 2014.
- O'Brien, Patrick. "Marco Gonzales Named John Olerud Two-Way Player Of Year - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather". Khq.com. Retrieved May 29, 2014.
- "UK's Reed adds Olerud Award to collection of hardware". Louisville Courier-Journal. June 28, 2014. Retrieved June 29, 2014.
- "Brendan McKay named John Olerud Two-Way Player of the Year". whas11.com. June 29, 2015. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "Brendan McKay repeats as John Olerud Two-Way Player of the Year Award winner". collegebaseballhall.org. July 1, 2016. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "College baseball: Louisville's Brendan McKay wins third straight John Olerud Award". ncaa.com. June 12, 2017. Retrieved June 12, 2017.