John Petty (priest)
Petty was educated at Trinity Hall, Cambridge and Cuddesdon Theological College in Oxford and ordained in 1967 after an earlier military career with the Royal Engineers lasting 11 years. He was a curate at St Cuthbert's Sheffield and then St Helier, Morden. From 1975 to 1987 he was Vicar of St John the Evangelist, Hurst Cross, Ashton-under-Lyne when he became Provost of the Cathedral Church of St Michael, Coventry and was later appointed Dean of Coventry, a position he held until his retirement in 2000. Petty later became chaplain at Mount House Residential Home in Shrewsbury, a trustee of the Simeon Trust, and assisted at St Chad's Church, Shrewsbury.
He died on 23 August 2017 at the age of 82.
- Who's Who 2008: London, A & C Black, 2008 ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 1975-76 Lambeth, Church House, 1975 ISBN 0-19-200008-X
- "TheTrustees". Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- Debrett's People of Today: Ed Ellis,P (1992, London, Debrett's) ISBN 1-870520-09-2)
- The Times, 24 December 1962, p10, "Marriages"
- Who’s Who (ibid)
|Church of England titles|
Colin Douglas Semper
|Provost of Coventry Cathedral
John Dudley Irvine
|This biography of a United Kingdom religious figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Anglicanism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|