Bell with the Detroit Lions in 2013
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||August 4, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Benton Harbor, Michigan|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||229 lb (104 kg)|
|High school:||Benton Harbor (MI)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Joique Dewayne Bell, Jr. (born August 4, 1986) is an American football running back who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Buffalo Bills as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He played college football at Wayne State.
First stint with Eagles
Bell was claimed off waivers by the Colts on November 10, 2010. He played in five games for the Colts before he was waived on December 14 in order to make room for offensive tackle Michael Toudouze.
Second stint with Eagles
New Orleans Saints
Bell was signed off the Eagles' practice squad by the New Orleans Saints on January 5, 2011 before the playoffs began. He was released on September 20, 2011, and re-signed to the Saints' practice squad the following day.
On December 26, 2011, Bell was signed by the Detroit Lions. He played his first game with the Lions on September 9, 2012, and appeared in all 16 games of the 2012 season, compiling 414 rushing yards on 82 carries (5.0 average) with three rushing touchdowns. He also hauled in 52 receptions for 485 yards; 28 of his receptions were for first downs.
He was re-signed by the Lions in April, 2013. He again played all 16 games for Detroit, finishing with 650 rushing yards and eight rushing touchdowns. Bell also caught 53 passes for 547 yards, as he and teammate Reggie Bush (54 receptions, 506 yards) became the first running back tandem in NFL history to both top 500 rushing yards and 500 receiving yards in a season.
On March 11, 2014, he signed a two-year, $7 million contract extension with $4.3 million in guaranteed money. Combined with the second round tender he signed worth $2.187 million, he is under contract for three years and $9.3 million overall.
On February 16, 2016, Bell was released by the Detroit Lions.
- "Wayne St. RB Joique Bell named Division II player of the year". ESPN.com. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Bills sign TE Martin, G Urbik". buffalobills.com. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Eagles Re-Sign RB Joique Bell to Practice Squad". wboc.com. December 16, 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- "Twitter". twitter.com. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Joique Bell". ESPN.com. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- Joique Bell player page at cbssports.com cbssports.com, retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "Lions re-sign RB Joique Bell". Associated Press. April 15, 2013. Retrieved April 15, 2013.
- "Joique Bell signs 2-year extension with Detroit Lions". NFL.com. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Lions tender running back Joique Bell, later receives 3-year, $9.3 million extension.". Yahoo Sports. 11 March 2014. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- O'Hara, Mike (February 16, 2016). "Lions part ways with Joique Bell". NFL.com. Retrieved February 16, 2016.
- Simons, Marshal. Detroit Lions' and former WSU RB Joique Bell sits down with The South End. The South End. 7 November 2014. Retrieved 3 January 2015.
- Litman, Laken. Detroit Lions running back goes from team security guard to active roster. usatoday.com. 18 December 2013. Retrieved 3 January 2015.