|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
Jon Buscemi (//; born October 3, 1975) is an Italian-American fashion designer known for his work at Oliver Peoples, co-founding Gourmet, and his eponymous brand Buscemi. Jon Buscemi is the cousin of the famous actor Steve Buscemi.
After working on Wall Street, Jon began to amass a very broad sneaker collection and soon took his hunt for very exclusive and limited edition sneakers world-wide. Simultaneously, many of his skateboarding peers started their own brands in the street-wear and skate space. Through these industry connections, Buscemi was hired by skateboard footwear brand DC Shoe Co. USA to work on special projects.
After DC, he left to become the Creative Director of Lotto USA, a partnership with the Italian tennis and soccer brand Lotto. Along with a small team of creatives, Buscemi launched Lotto Leggenda in the US before going on to work as a Brand Director at Oliver Peoples.
In 2006, Buscemi and two partners launched the footwear brand Gourmet. During his tenure at Gourmet, the company raised controversy and fandom alike by releasing sneakers that took design cues from iconic sneaker silhouettes, such as the Air Jordan 7 and Air Jordan 11. After leaving Gourmet in January 2013, Buscemi launched the eponymous brand Buscemi at Capsule Show in Paris in June 2013.
- "Jon Buscemi of BUSCEMI® Speaks About the Brand's Influences and Founding Gourmet Footwear". Hypebeast. Retrieved June 3, 2014.
- "Jon Buscemi is Now a Brand". Sneaker Freaker. Retrieved June 3, 2014.
- "Agenda Emerge". Agenda Emerge. Archived from the original on April 6, 2014. Retrieved June 3, 2014.
- "10 Emerging Designers You Need To Get Familiar With". Complex. Retrieved June 3, 2014.
- "GREATS Is Building The Next Great Footwear Company". Forbes. Retrieved June 3, 2014.
- "How a Designer Fought a Cease and Desist From Nike". Sole Collector. Retrieved February 14, 2018.