|Education||Bachelors and Masters from MIT|
|Title||Chairman of the Board at Onshape|
|Spouse(s)||Randy Lyanne Gollub (m. 2011)|
Hirschtick holds a Bachelors and Masters degree from MIT, graduating in 1983 and 1986.
Hirschtick was director of engineering at Computervision from 1981-1983, and a manager at the MIT CADLab. He was a player and instructor on the MIT Blackjack Team featured in the movies 21 and Breaking Vegas.
Hirschtick founded the SolidWorks Corporation in 1993 using $1 million he made while a member of the MIT Blackjack Team. Under his leadership, SolidWorks revenue eventually grew to $100 million. When Solidworks was acquired by Dassault Systèmes in 1997, Hirschtick continued on as a group executive for the next 14 years. In October 2012, Hirschtick left Solidworks and founded Belmont Technology (later changed to Onshape) with other members of the original SolidWorks team. Hirschtick is currently chairman of the Board at Onshape.
Hirschtick was awarded the CAD Society Leadership Award, joining Autodesk’s Carl Bass, Dassault Systèmes’ Bernard Charles, and 3D Systems's Ping Fu, and is a recipient of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers Leadership Award. He is a member of the Advisory Board at Boston University and Arcbazar, where he was once director, and is an advisor to Magic Leap and MarkForged, Inc.
- "Sharing the excitement of mechanical engineering research". MIT News. September 23, 2016.
- Bygrave, William D.; eds, Dan D'Heilly, (1997). The portable MBA in entrepreneurship case studies. New York, NY [u.a.]: Wiley. p. 84. ISBN 047118229X.
- Gomes, Lee (April 1, 2008). "In Cards or Business, Act on the Advantage". Wall Street Journal.
- Tim Fryer (13 May 2016). "Ahead in the cloud". Eureka Magazine.
- "21 (2008)". IMDb.
- "Breaking Vegas (2004)". IMDb.
- "Hawk Ridge Systems and ATR Soft Create xBOM Tool for SOLIDWORKS".
- Robert Buderi (March 27, 2008). "Of Card-Counting, Startups, and the Real Story of the MIT Blackjack Team". Xconomy.
- Erin Griffith (March 6, 2015). "Exclusive: SolidWorks vets raise $64 million for Onshape". Fortune.
- "Jon Hirschtick M.S." Bloomberg.
- Mings, Josh (October 5, 2011). "Jon Hirschtick Resigns from DS SolidWorks". SolidSmack.
- Ruth Simon, AngusS Loten (August 14, 2013). "Litigation Over Noncompete Clauses Is Rising". Wall Street Journal.
- "Belmont Technology is now Onshape, Inc". CIMData. January 9, 2014.
- "CAD Society Announces Its 2015 Award Winners and One Surprise Winner To Be Announced At COFES". Cyon Research. April 6, 2015.
- "Leadership Award". The American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Kirsner, Scott (March 9, 2015). "Onshape chairman Jon Hirschtick on CAD, 3D printing, and more". BetaBoston.