Koppell in April 2017
|Alma mater||Harvard University |
University of California, Berkeley
Koppell holds a bachelor's degree from Harvard University and both a doctorate and master's degree from the University of California at Berkeley. His career in public service began as a Research Assistant with the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight in Washington, D.C. from 1993-1995. In 1999, Koppell served as a Guest Scholar at the Brookings Institution while simultaneously holding the title of Markle Fellow of the New America Foundation.
In 2003, Koppell served as Fulbright Lecturer and Professor of Public Administration and Public Policy at Fudan University in Shanghai, China. In 2006, Koppell was named an Associate Professor at Yale University of Political Science and the Director of the university’s Millstein Center for Corporate Governance and Performance. Koppell became Chairman of the City of New Haven, Connecticut Development Commission in 2008. In 2012 the National Academy of Public Administration chose Koppell as one of its nearly 800 Fellows.
Koppell joined Arizona State University in 2010 as Director of the School of Public Affairs. In 2011, he became Dean of the College of Public Service & Community Solutions at Arizona State University, succeeding Debra Friedman.
He is the author of two books:
- World Rule: Legitimacy, Accountability and the Design of Global Governance (2010) ISBN 0226450996
- The Politics of Quasi-Government: Hybrid Organizations and the Dynamics of Bureaucratic Control (2003) ISBN 0521525608
- "WEDDINGS; Jennifer Steen, Jonathan Koppell". The New York Times. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "Jonathan Koppell named dean of ASU College of Public Programs". ASU News. October 27, 2011. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Jonathan GS Koppell". The Berkeley Electronic Press. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Nierenberg Gift Launches a New Center for Corporate Governance". Yale University.
- "City Forms Committee to Review Coliseum Site Redevelopment Submissions". City of New Haven.
- "Jonathan G.S. Koppell". National Academy of Public Administration.
- "ASU Directory Profile: Jonathan Koppell". Arizona State University.
- "Curriculum Vitae". ASU School of Public Affairs. Archived from the original on 2 December 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2013.