Jonathan Rosenberg (technologist)
|Born||July 20, 1961|
|Alma mater||University of Chicago;|
Claremont McKenna College
Jonathan Rosenberg was born to a Jewish family on July 20, 1961. Rosenberg received a Masters of Business Administration degree from the University of Chicago as well as a Bachelor of Arts degree with honors in economics from Claremont McKenna College.
Previous to joining Google, Rosenberg was Vice President of Software for palmOne, a provider of handheld computer and communications solutions. He joined Google in 2002 and oversaw the design and development of the company’s consumer, advertiser, and partner products, including Search, Ads, Gmail, Android, Apps, and Chrome. While at Google, Rosenberg managed many noteworthy employees, including Marissa Mayer. He resigned from his position as SVP in 2011. Prior to joining at Google, Rosenberg worked at @Home, where he was a founding member of the product group and senior vice president of online products and services after @Home merged with Excite. Rosenberg was appointed as the COO of Motorola Mobility, replacing former COO Dennis Woodside, on February 12, 2014.
He is the coauthor, along with Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt and Director of Executive Communications Alan Eagle, of a New York Times best-selling book titled How Google Works, which was published in September, 2014.He also published a book called Trillion Dollar Coach that reached number 1 on Wall Street journal bestseller list and was also “New York Times” bestseller.
Jonathan Rosenberg is featured in an Academy Award-winning documentary about espionage in the digital age.
- "Mercury News interview: Jonathan Rosenberg, Google's SVP of product management - San Jose Mercury News". Mercurynews.com. Archived from the original on 13 September 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-12. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Jonathan Rosenberg". Retrieved 2014-09-19. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "42 Rules to Lead by from the Man Who Defined Google's Product Strategy". Firstround.com. Archived from the original on 2014-08-09. Retrieved 2014-08-12. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Womack, Brian (2011-04-04). "Google Product Chief Jonathan Rosenberg Resigns After Page Takes CEO Job". Bloomberg. Archived from the original on 11 August 2013. Retrieved 2014-08-12. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "EXCLUSIVE: Product Boss Jonathan Rosenberg Resigns From Google". Business Insider. 2011-04-04. Archived from the original on 30 April 2013. Retrieved 2014-08-12. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "https://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/13/us-dropbox-coo-google-idUSBREA1C09E20140213". External link in
|title=(help); Missing or empty
- How Google Works. "How Google Works". Hachette Book Group. Retrieved 2014-08-12. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)