This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jonathan Elihu Silverman
August 5, 1966
Jennifer Finnigan (m. 2007)
Early life and education
Silverman was born in Los Angeles, California, to a Jewish family. He is the son of Devora (née Halaban) and Hillel Emanuel Silverman, a rabbi. He is the grandson of famous Conservative Rabbi Morris Silverman. His mother is from Jerusalem, where her family has lived since the establishment of the Jewish state.
Silverman is known for his roles in the TV series Gimme A Break!, as well as in the films Brighton Beach Memoirs (1986) (a film version of the first play of Neil Simon's Eugene Trilogy), Girls Just Want to Have Fun (1985), Caddyshack II (1988), Little Big League (1994), and Weekend at Bernie's (1989).
Silverman played the title role in the television sitcom The Single Guy (which aired on NBC starting in 1995), as well as the lead role in the 1992 movie Little Sister. He has appeared on CSI: Miami (in a third-season episode called "Under the Influence"). He made a guest appearance on Friends in the episode "The One with the Birth."
He appeared briefly on The Bold and the Beautiful in the early 2000s. He starred in the short-lived sitcom In Case of Emergency, which was a mid-season replacement on ABC for the 2006 season. He played the role of Eddie in Beethoven's Big Break. He later guest starred in Psych in February 2009 and in Hot in Cleveland in 2012. He was in the movie Jam (2006). He appeared in the television show White Collar in the episode "Veiled Threat" as a con artist. He has also been in Inkubus and the upcoming Self Stored by Wood Haven Productions. He guest starred as a controversial standup comedian in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in 2014. He also guest starred in Elementary in early 2016.
In 2004, Silverman was a participant in the first-ever US television advertising campaign supporting donations to Jewish federations. The program featured "film and television personalities celebrating their Jewish heritage and promoting charitable giving to the Jewish community" and included Greg Grunberg, Marlee Matlin, Joshua Malina, and Kevin Weisman.
|1984||E/R||David Sheinfeld||TV series|
Episode: "Son of Sheinfeld"
|1984-1986||Gimme a Break!||Jonathan Maxwell||TV series|
|1985||Challenge of a Lifetime||Steven Schoonover||TV movie|
|Girls Just Want to Have Fun||Drew Boreman|
|1986||Brighton Beach Memoirs||Eugene Morris Jerome||Silverman had earlier played the same role on Broadway.|
|Stealing Home||Teenage Alan Appleby|
|1989||Traveling Man||Billy Fox||TV movie|
|Weekend at Bernie's||Richard Parker|
|Age Isn't Everything||Seymour|
|1992||For Richer, For Poorer||Michael Katourian||TV movie|
|Broadway Bound||Stanley Jerome||TV movie; Silverman plays the older brother of the character he had originally played on Broadway.|
|Death Becomes Her||Jay Norman|
|Little Sister||Bobby / Roberta|
|Breaking the Rules||Rob Konigsberg|
|1993||12:01||Barry Thomas||TV movie|
|Weekend at Bernie's II||Richard Parker|
|Little Big League||Jim Bowers|
|Aaahh!!! Real Monsters||Pugh (voice)||Animated series|
Episode: "Don't Just Do It"/"Joined at the Hip"
|1995||Sketch Artist II: Hands That See||Glenn||TV movie|
|Friends||Dr. Franzblau||TV series|
Episode: "The One with the Birth"
|Caroline in the City||Jonathan Eliot||TV series|
Episode: "Caroline and the Folks"
|1995-1997||The Single Guy||Jonathan Eliot||TV series|
|1996||Two Guys Talkin' About Girls||Lenny Kaminski||Video|
|London Suite||Paul Dolby||Uncredited|
|Arliss||Jonathan Silverman||TV series|
Episode: "The Client's Best Interest"
|1998||The Odd Couple II||Brucey Madison|
|Border to Border||Suicide Guy|
|The Inspectors||Inspector Alex Urbina||TV movie|
|Just a Little Harmless Sex||Danny|
|1999||Freak City||Lenny Stanapolous|
|2000||Dirk and Betty||Tow Truck Guy|
|Men Named Milo, Women Named Greta||The Voice of Reason||Short|
|The Inspectors 2: A Shred of Evidence||Alex Urbina||Also co-executive producer|
|Good as Gold||TV movie|
|2001||These Old Broads||Wesley Westbourne||TV movie|
|It is What it Is||Benjamin Malvern|
|The Medicine Show||Taylor Darcy|
|2002||Bobbie's Girl||David Lewis||TV movie|
|Miss Miami||TV movie|
|2003||Miss Match||Barry||TV series|
Episode: "The Price of Love"
|Deacons for Defense||Michael Deane||TV movie|
|Free for All||Johnny Jenkins||TV series|
|Crazy Love||TV movie|
|CSI: Miami||Jay Seaver||TV series|
Episode: "Under the Influence"
|Pryor Offenses||Ian||TV movie|
|DeMarco Affairs||Eddie Rosen||TV movie|
|2004-2005||Kim Possible||Jimmy Ding (voice)||Animated series|
Episodes: "Ron Millionaire" & "Dimension Twist"
|2005||Untitled Bruckheimer/McCall Project||TV movie|
Episode: "Sex and the Sisters"
|The Life Coach||Jonny|
|Farce of the Penguins||Seal Critics (voice)|
|2007||In Case of Emergency||Harry Kennison||TV series|
|Close to Home||Pete Durkin||TV series|
|2008||Numb3rs||Kurt Young||TV series|
|Beethoven's Big Break||Eddie||Direct-to-video|
|2009||Psych||Lyin' Ryan||TV series|
|Married Not Dead||Gordon||TV movie|
|2010||Medium||Matt Mulhearn||TV series|
|Jack's Family Adventure||Jack Vickery||TV movie|
|2011||Paul the Male Matchmaker||Brian||TV series|
Episode: "Don't Be a Meanie"
|Greek||Lasker Parkes||TV series|
|Swinging with the Finkels||Peter|
|White Collar||Gerald Jameson||TV series|
Episode: "Veiled Threat"
|National Lampoon's Snatched||Johnny|
|2012||Hot in Cleveland||Dr. Minton||TV series|
Episode: "The Gateway Friend"
|Another Dirty Movie||Uncle Erwin||Also executive producer and director|
|Monday Mornings||Dr. John Lieberman||TV series|
|Self Storage||Jonah||Also producer|
|2014||The Hungover Games||Chineca Lame|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Josh Galloway||TV series|
Episode: "Comic Perversion"
|The Opposite Sex||Tom||Also producer and director|
|Beethoven's Treasure Tail||Eddie||Direct-to-video|
|A Magic Christmas||Robert Jones|
|Significant Mother||Harrison Marlowe||TV series on The CW|
|2015||Baby, Baby, Baby||Jacob Carlin|
|2016||Diani & Devine Meet the Apocalypse||Shane|
|2017||An American Dog Story||Slibs|
|2018||Andover||Adam Slope||Main role|
|K.C. Undercover||Mitch Bishop||Recurring role|
|Scandal||Robert Bacall||TV series|
Episode: "Army of One"
|Salvation||Roland Cavanaugh||Recurring role (season 2)|
|Frank and Ava||Mannie Sacks|
|2019||Pegasus: Pony with a Broken Wing||Josh Killian|
|No Good Nick||Paul||TV series|
- Koven, Mikel J. (2008). Film, Folklore, and Urban Legends. Scarecrow Press. pp. 57–. ISBN 9780810860254. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- Miller, Gerri. "Actor Jonathan Silverman: A lover, a joker, an online minister" Jewish Journal, July 29, 2015
- Maslin, Janet. "Screen: 'Brighton Beach Memoirs'" The New York Times, December 25, 1986
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun tcm.com, retrieved October 19, 2017
- Caddyshack II tcm.com, retrieved October 19, 2017
- Lowry, Brian. Little Big League Variety, June 17, 1994
- Holden, Stephen. "Review/Film; Spoofing Hamptons Life With a Mobster Murder" The New York Times, July 5, 1989
- King, Susan. "Profile: The Most Eligible Guy" Los Angeles Times, September 24, 1995
- Little Sister tcm.com, retrieved October 19, 2017
- CSI. Under The Influence rottentomatoes.com, retrieved October 19, 2017
- "Our guide to top Friends eps from season 1" ew.com, January 8, 2004
- In Case of Emergency thefutoncritic.com, retrieved October 19, 2017
- Caprario, M. D ." 'Jam' Makes Los Angeles Debut at 2006 Hollywood Film Festival" lasplash.com, 2006, retrieved October 19, 2017
- "OK! Exclusive: Jonathan Silverman & Jennifer Finnigan Married!". OK! Magazine. 2007-07-28. Archived from the original on 2007-12-07. Retrieved 2009-04-24.
- Juneau, Jen (October 6, 2017). "Jennifer Finnigan and Jonathan Silverman Welcome Daughter Ella Jack". People.com. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- Jewish Federations of North America: "Film and Television Celebrities Promote Jewish Federations in First-Ever National Television Advertising Campaign - Jewish Stars Promote Federations' Initiatives and Mission" Archived 2013-11-03 at the Wayback Machine August 2, 2004
- The Opposite of Sex rottentomatoes.com, retrieved October 19, 2017
- Beethoven's Treasure Tail rottentomatoes.com, retrieved October 19, 2017
- A Magic Christmas rottentomatoes.com, retrieved October 19, 2017
- Goldberg, Leslie. "CW Orders Comedy Series 'Significant Mother' for Summer" Hollywood Reporter, April 10, 2015
- Baby, Baby, Baby rottentomatoes.com, retrieved October 19, 2017
- https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001738/?ref_=nv_sr_1. Missing or empty
- Mitovich, Matt Webb (April 3, 2018). "Salvation Adds Jonathan Silverman for Season 2, Brings Back Taylor Cole". TVLine. Retrieved April 3, 2018.