|Full name||Jonny Hector|
February 13, 1964 |
Malmö , Sweden
ICCF Grandmaster (1999)
|Peak rating||2590 (October 2002)|
Born in Malmö, Sweden, Hector has lived in Denmark for many years. He learned chess at the relatively late age of 14, but quickly became a very strong player. In 1987 he was equal first in the strong Cappelle-la-Grande open (with Anthony Kosten and Anatoly Vaisser).
- Crowther, Mark (2002-07-15). "TWIC 401: Swedish Championships". London Chess Center. Archived from the original on 24 September 2012. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "Chess News - Cheparinov wins the Politiken Cup 2012". ChessBase.com. 2012-08-14. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "International Correspondence Chess Federation - Grandmasters" (PDF). ICCF.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 April 2012. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jonny Hector.|
- Jonny Hector rating card at FIDE
- Jonny Hector player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Rating data
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|