Joseph A. Craig High School
|Joseph A. Craig High School|
|Oversight||Janesville School District|
|Principal||Dr. Alison Bjoin|
|Number of students||1,678 (2016-17)|
|Color(s)||Blue & White|
|Athletics conference||WIAA Big Eight Conference|
|Rival||George S. Parker High School|
|Website||Craig High School|
Joseph A. Craig High School is a public high school located in the city of Janesville, Wisconsin. Constructed in 1954 as Janesville Senior High School, it was renamed Craig High School in 1967 when George S. Parker High School was built on the west side of the city. Craig has a student enrollment of approximately 1,800. Located on the east side of Janesville, it is named after Joseph A. Craig, who was instrumental in attracting the General Motors Janesville Assembly Plant to the city.
- Baseball: 1983, 1984, 1998, 2015
- Cross country (girls): 1991
as Janesville High School
- Cross country (boys): 1950, 1961, 1962
- Golf (boys): 1951, 1953, 1963
- Swimming & diving (boys): 1955, 1961
- Wrestling: 1955 (co-state champion with Madison East)
Craig has two competitive show choirs, the varsity-level "Spotlighters" and the jayvee-level "Illuminations". The choirs also host their own competition, the Spotlight Spectacular. Spotlighters have a history of placing well at competitions, even winning some championships.
- Edward Creutz - physicist
- Russ Feingold, former Democratic U.S. Senator, 1993–2011
- Dan Fitzsimons – screenwriter
- Tucker Fredricks – speed skater
- Tad Kubler – lead guitarist for rock band The Hold Steady
- Kerwin Mathews – actor
- Max Maxfield – Wyoming State Auditor (1999–2007) and Secretary of State (2007–2015)
- John E. McCoy – U.S. Air National Guard general
- Manilla Powers – actress, vaudevillian
- Paul Ryan, Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, 2015-2019, and U.S. Representative, 1999–2019
- Bob Strampe – MLB player
- Bryan Steil – former aid to Paul Ryan and Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Wisconsin's 1st district
- "Craig High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 7, 2019.
- "Show choirs compete at Craig High School". GazetteXtra. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- Rindfleisch, Terry. "Viterbo 101 features top high school show choirs". La Crosse Tribune. Retrieved 18 June 2019.