Joseph C. Ben-Ami is a Canadian conservative writer, strategist and organizer. A principal consultant with BlueCommittee.Org. Ben-Ami is the former President and CEO of the Arthur Meighen Institute for Public Affairs (formerly the Canadian Centre for Policy Studies), an independent conservative think-tank, and publisher of Canadian Observer, a quarterly magazine that examines culture, politics and public affairs from a conservative perspective. Before joining the Meighen Institute he was the executive director of the Institute for Canadian Values (ICV), and before that he was director of Government Relations and Diplomatic Affairs for B'nai B'rith Canada. Ben-Ami is also a member of the international advisory board of the organization Jews Against Anti-Christian Defamation, a US-based Jewish group dedicated to fighting discrimination directed against Christians.
Ben-Ami has held senior positions in several local, provincial and national political and advocacy campaigns. He served as a policy aid to former Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and operations director for Stockwell Day, former leader of the Canadian Alliance. Most recently he managed the campaign of Brad Trost for the leadership of the Conservative Party of Canada.
Ben-Ami is also a conservative television and radio commentator and regular public speaker, and lectures on subjects such as civic engagement and leadership.
- "Tory backers push for 'truly conservative' government" "CTV News". Retrieved August 26, 2017
- "Stephen Harper and the theo-cons" "The Walrus". Retrieved August 26, 2017
- "Meeting Schedule - Standing Senate Committee on Human Rights" "sencanada.ca". Retrieved August 20, 2017
- "Scheer’s Conservative caucus support gives him the advantage, but leadership win not in the bag" "The Hill Times". Retrieved August 26, 2017.
- "Why Did So Many Tory Hopefuls Stay Until The End? It's Complicated" "HuffPost Canada Edition". Retrieved August 26, 2017.