|Born||Joseph Richard Schlafman
April 14, 1924
Haverhill, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Died||December 28, 2013
Santa Monica, California, U.S.
Joseph Ruskin (born Joseph Richard Schlafman; April 14, 1924 – December 28, 2013) was an American character actor.
Ruskin appeared in an episode of The Outer Limits, called "Production and Decay of Strange Particles". He also appeared in the film Smokin' Aces. He appeared in The Time Tunnel episode “Revenge of the Gods,” as well as two separate two-part Mission: Impossible episodes "Old Man Out" and "The Slave". He had an uncredited voice role of the Kanamits from The Twilight Zone episode "To Serve Man", a season after playing the Genie in another episode, "The Man in the Bottle". Ruskin also appeared in the Hogan's Heroes episode "The Gestapo Takeover".
Ruskin died on December 28, 2013 at a hospital in Santa Monica, California.
He also appeared in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, playing as the Klingon "Tumek." He appeared as this character in two episodes of DS9, "The House of Quark" and "Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places", which aired in October 1994 and October 1996, respectively. In between these episodes, he was cast as a "Cardassian" informant in the third season episode, "Improbable Cause".
Ruskin then appeared in his first and only Star Trek film role, cast as a "Son'a" officer in Star Trek: Insurrection.
- The Untouchables episode: "Mexican Stake-out" (1959) - Fred Metcalf (uncredited)
- Hell Bent for Leather (1960) - Shad
- The Rise and Fall of Legs Diamond (1960) - Matt Moran
- The Magnificent Seven (1960) - Flynn (uncredited)
- Diary of a Madman (1963) - The Horla (voice)
- Robin and the 7 Hoods (1964) - Twitch
- Get Smart episode: "Now You See Him ... Now You Don't" (1965) - Ehrlich
- The Man from U.N.C.L.E. episode: "The Her Master's Voice Affair" (1966) - Jason Sutro
- The Wild Wild West episodes: "The Night of the Fatal Trap" (1965), and "The Night of the Falcon" (1967) - Felice Munez / Viper Black
- Star Trek: The Original Series episode: "The Gamesters of Triskelion" (1968) - Galt
- Mission Impossible episode: "The Brothers" (1969) - Colonel Hatafis
- Hogan's Heroes episode: The Gestapo Takeover (1970) - Major Strauss
- Bogard (1974) - Scarletti
- The Six Million Dollar Man episodes: "Operation Firefly" (1974), "Lost Love" (1975) - Markos / Le Duc
- The Bionic Woman episode: "Jaime and the King" (1977) - Prime Minister Hassan
- The Gypsy Warriors (1978) - Grenault
- The Sword and the Sorcerer (1982) - Malcolm
- The Man Who Wasn't There (1983) - Hassan Khaffiri
- Prizzi's Honor (1985) - Marxie Heller
- The Longshot (1986) - Fusco
- Saturday the 14th Strikes Back (1988) - Kharis
- Indecent Proposal (1993) - Pit Boss
- Deadly Exposure (1993) - Abe
- The Criminal Mind (1993) - Manny Kohen
- Firepower (1993) - Drexal
- CyberTracker (1994) - Rounds
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episodes: "The House of Quark" (1994), "Improbable Cause" (1995) and "Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places" (1996) - Tumek / Informant
- Star Trek: Insurrection (1998) - Son'a Officer #3
- Star Trek: Voyager episode: "Gravity" (1999) - Vulcan Master
- Star Trek: Enterprise episode: "Broken Bow" (2001) - Suliban Doctor
- Wishcraft (2002) - Taxidermist
- The Scorpion King (2002) - Tribal Leader
- The Streetsweeper (2002)
- Diamond Zero (2005) - Quentin Leeds
- Smokin' Aces (2006) - Primo Sparazza
- Obituary for Joseph Ruskin, hollywoodreporter.com; accessed February 26, 2014