Journal of Product Innovation Management
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|J. Prod. Innovat. Manag.|
|Edited by||Gloria Barczak|
The Journal of Product Innovation Management is a bimonthly peer-reviewed academic journal published by Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the Product Development and Management Association. The current editor-in-chief is Gloria Barczak (Northeastern University).
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2014 impact factor of 1.696, ranking it 12th out of 43 journals in the category "Engineering, Industrial", 44th out of 111 journals in the category "Business", and 64th out of 185 journals in the category "Management".
The journal received an "A" ranking as a marketing journal by 1100 business scholars in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
In 2014 the Journal received 471 manuscripts, desk rejected 59% of submissions, and Accepted 6–10% of the submissions. The top 10 countries submitting papers were: USA (15.5%), UK (11.5%), Germany (9.3%), China (8.1%), Taiwan (7.6%), India (4.9%), Spain and Italy (3.8%), The Netherlands (3.2%), and France (3%).
In 2012, the journal published a study that ranked the Henry W. Bloch School of Management (University of Missouri-Kansas City) number 1 in the world for research in innovation management. However, the methodology of the study and the independence of its authors was questioned. In March, 2015, the journal published an "expression of concern" regarding the study. However, four independent scholars had later reviewed the article and found its methodology to be acceptable.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Engineering, Industrial". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Business". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Management". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.
- "Teilrating MARK". vhbonline.org. Verband der Hochschullehrer für Betriebswirtschaft. Retrieved 22 April 2015.
- Barczak, G. (2015), JPIM 2014: The Year in Review. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 32: 308. doi: 10.1111/jpim.12264
- Yang, Pianpian; Tao, Lei (2012). "Perspective: Ranking of the World's Top Innovation Management Scholars and Universities". Journal of Product Innovation Management. 29 (2): 319. doi:10.1111/j.1540-5885.2011.00898.x.
- "UMKC Ranks Number One for Innovation Management Research". University of Missouri. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "UMKC's misleading march to the top". Kansas City Star. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "For Business School's No. 1 Ranking, Big Asterisk Looms – The Ticker - Blogs". The Chronicle of Higher Education. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "Journal expresses concern about study that ranked UMKC No. 1". Kansas City Star. Retrieved 22 March 2015.