Juanfran (footballer, born 1988)
|Full name||Juan Francisco Moreno Fuertes|
|Date of birth||11 September 1988|
|Place of birth||Madrid, Spain|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Winger / Right back|
|Deportivo La Coruña
(on loan from Watford)
|2009–2013||Real Madrid B||137||(17)|
|2014–2015||→ Deportivo La Coruña (loan)||34||(1)|
|2015–||→ Deportivo La Coruña (loan)||69||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14 May 2017.
Juan Francisco Moreno Fuertes (born 11 September 1988), known as Juanfran, is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for Deportivo de La Coruña on loan from English club Watford. Mainly a right winger, he can also play as a right back.
Born in Madrid, Juanfran joined local Getafe CF's youth ranks aged 17, making his senior debuts in 2007 with the reserves in Tercera División. On 12 March 2008 he played his first official game with the first team, coming on as a substitute for Jaime Gavilán in the last minutes of a 1–0 home win against S.L. Benfica for the season's UEFA Cup (3–1 aggregate win); his first La Liga appearance came 11 days later, also from the bench, in a 0–1 loss at Athletic Bilbao.
After one year with Villarreal CF's B-side in Segunda División B, which ended in promotion, a first-ever for the team, Juanfran returned to his hometown and signed with Real Madrid. He spent the vast majority of his first seasons with the club with Real Madrid Castilla, also in the third level.
On 2 May 2010, Juanfran made his debut with Real Madrid's main squad, replacing Fernando Gago in a home league fixture against CA Osasuna, with five minutes to go: the score was then at 2–2, but the Merengues eventually won 3–2 thanks to a Cristiano Ronaldo goal.
In early June 2013, Juanfran agreed to join Real Betis on a free transfer. He scored his first goal in the main category of Spanish football on 11 May of the following year, in a 4–3 home win over Real Valladolid, but the Andalusians were relegated as dead last.
On 1 September 2014, Juanfran moved to Deportivo de La Coruña in a season-long loan deal and also agreed a contract with Watford, with the latter move being made effective in July 2015 for a fee of around £1.5 million.
Juanfran returned to Dépor on 16 July 2015, on loan for one year. The following summer, even though newspaper La Voz de Galicia initially reported an agreement had been reached to a permanent four-year deal after the English club received a compensation, he was again loaned to the Spaniards who now had a buying option.
- As of 14 May 2017
|Real Madrid B||2009–10||22||5||—||22||5|
- Real Madrid
- Real Madrid Castilla
- Getafe 1–0 Benfica; ESPN Soccernet, 12 March 2008
- Athletic Bilbao 1–0 Getafe; ESPN Soccernet, 23 March 2008
- Real Madrid leave it late; ESPN Soccernet, 2 May 2010
- Madrid Castilla defender to join Betis; ESPN FC, 3 June 2013
- Juanfran strike sinks Valladolid; ESPN FC, 11 May 2014
- Juanfran se marcha cedido al RCD Deportivo de La Coruña (Juanfran goes on loan at RCD Deportivo de La Coruña); Real Betis, 1 September 2014 (in Spanish)
- Juanfran se incorpora al Dépor (Juanfran added to Dépor); Deportivo La Coruña, 1 September 2014 (in Spanish)
- "Watford agree deal for Real Betis winger Juanfran". Forza Watford. 1 September 2014. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- "El Club alcanza un acuerdo para que Juanfran refuerce al Dépor esta temporada" [Club reaches an agreement as Juanfran bolsters Dépor this season] (in Spanish). Deportivo La Coruña. 16 July 2015. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "El Deportivo ata a Juanfran para las próximas cuatro temporadas" [Deportivo ties Juanfran for next four seasons] (in Spanish). La Voz de Galicia. 7 July 2016. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Juanfran Moreno, un año más en el Dépor" [Juanfran Moreno, another year in Dépor] (in Spanish). Deportivo La Coruña. 12 July 2016. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Juanfran". Soccerway. Retrieved 7 November 2014.