Junior Solheim Cup
|Location||2017: West Des Moines, Iowa, USA|
|Course(s)||2017: Des Moines Golf and Country Club|
|Month played||August (2017)|
The Junior Solheim Cup is a version of the Solheim Cup for girls aged 12 to 18. It was inaugurated in 2002. It is currently officially called the PING Junior Solheim Cup. The Junior Solheim Cup follows a similar format to The Solheim Cup and features the top 12 U.S. amateur girls—defined as girls participating in American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) events—versus their European counterparts. College/university golfers are ineligible to participate in the event, even if they meet the age cutoff. The event is held over two days, with six fourball and six foursomes matches on the first day, and twelve singles matches on the second day. Each event is held in the general vicinity of that year's Solheim Cup.
The 2015 edition was the first held at the same facility as that year's Solheim Cup, although the juniors played on a different course. It was played on 14 and 15 September and was won by the United States. The 2017 match was played on 15 and 16 August and, like in 2015, was held at the same venue as the Solheim Cup match.
The home team has won seven of the nine contests, while the 2011 match ended in a tie. The 2015 contest was the only win by the visiting team.
|Year||Venue||Location||Winning team||Score||USA captain||Europe captain|
|2017||Des Moines G&CC||Iowa, USA||United States||14½–9½||Alice Miller||Alison Nicholas|
|2015||Golf Club St. Leon-Rot
|Germany||United States||13–11||JoAnne Carner||Iben Tinning|
|2013||Inverness Golf Club||Colorado, USA||United States||14½–9½||Kathy Whitworth||Janice Moodie|
|2011||Knightsbrook Golf Resort||Ireland||United States1||12–12||Meg Mallon||Liselotte Neumann|
|2009||Aurora Country Club||Illinois, USA||United States||15½–8½||Nancy Lopez||Carin Koch|
|2007||Båstad Golf Club||Sweden||Europe||14–10||Donna Andrews||Catrin Nilsmark|
|2005||The Bridgewater Club||Indiana, USA||United States||16–8||Colleen Walker||Charlotta Sörenstam|
|2003||Bokskogens Golf Club||Sweden||Europe||12½–11½||Val Skinner||Helen Alfredsson|
|2002||Oak Ridge Country Club||Minnesota, USA||United States||17–7||Sherri Steinhauer||Marta Figueras-Dotti|
1The matches ended in a 12–12 tie. The rules state that in the event of a tie the cup is retained by the team who held it before the contest.
- 2017: Alyaa Abdulghany, Jennifer Chang, Youngin Chun, Rachel Heck, Gina Kim, Lucy Li, Emilia Migliaccio, Yealimi Noh, Kaitlyn Papp, Brooke Seay, Erica Shepherd, Rose Zhang
- 2015: Sierra Brooks, Hailee Cooper, Mariel Galdiano, Kristen Gillman, Megan Khan, Nelly Korda, Andrea Lee, Mika Liu, Haley Moore, Hannah O’Sullivan, Kaitlyn Papp, Angel Yin
- 2013: Casie Cathrea, Karen Chung, Casey Danielsson, Alexandra Kaui, Alison Lee, Amy Lee, Andrea Lee, Nicole Morales, Krystal Quihuis, Ashlan Ramsey, Samantha Wagner, Bethany Wu
- 2011: Karen Chung, Jaye Marie Green, Kyung Kim, Alison Lee, Esther Lee, Ashlan Ramsey, Summar Roachell, Mariah Stackhouse, Mckenzie Talbert, Emma Talley, Gabriella Then, Lindsey Weaver
- 2009: Sarah Brown, Ani Gulugian, Jennifer Johnson, Stephanie Kim, Jessica Korda, Alison Lee, Tiffany Lua, Kristen Park, Jane Rah, Alexandra Stewart, Lexi Thompson, Kristina Wong
- 2007: Sydney Burlison, Brianna Do, Courtney Ellenbogen, Mina Harigae, Vicky Hurst, Kimberly Kim, Stephanie Kono, Isabelle Lendl, Tiffany Lua, Kristen Park, Jane Rah, Allie White
- 2005: Jennie Arseneault, Lila Barton, Sydney Burlison, Esther Choe, Kimberly Donovan, Megan Grehan, Taylor Karle, Kimberly Kim, Sydnee Michaels, Morgan Pressel, Jane Rah, Catherina Wang
- 2003: Amanda Blumenherst, Esther Choe, Amie Cochran, Paula Creamer, Lauren Espinosa, Allison Goodman, Taylor Leon, Brittany Lincicome, Whitney Meyers, Jennifer Pandolfi, Jane Park, Christie Reed
- 2002: Amanda Blumenherst, Mallory Code, Paula Creamer, Nicole Hage, Ashley Knoll, Brittany Lang, Brittany Lincicome, Allison Martin, Jennifer Pandolfi, Jane Park, Morgan Pressel, Whitney Wade
- 2017: Letizia Bagnoli, Mathilde Claisse, Julia Engström, Alessandra Fanali, Linn Grant, Esther Henseleit, Frida Kinhult, Amanda Linnér, Alessia Nobilio, Emma Spitz, Maja Stark, Beatrice Wallin
- 2015: Mathilda Cappeliez, Elin Esborn, Leonie Harm, Agathe Laisné, Olivia Mahaffey, Sandra Nordaas, María Parra, Ana Peláez, Marta Pérez Sanmartin, Emma Spitz, Puk Lyng Thomsen, Albane Valenzuela
- 2013: Shannon Aubert, Virginia Elena Carta, Georgia Hall, Anyssia Herbaut, Karolin Lampert, Bronte Law, Harang Lee, Emily Kristine Pedersen, Amber Ratcliffe, Linnea Ström, Anne van Dam, Jessica Vasilic
- 2011: Emilie Alonso, Amy Boulden, Celine Boutier, Manon Gidali, Charley Hull, Emma Nilsson, Leona Maguire, Lisa Maguire, Antonia Scherer, Luna Sobrón, Lauren Taylor, Margaux Vanmol
- 2009: Anna Arrese, Rosanna Crépiat, Tonje Daffinrud, Ana Fernández de Mesa, Leona Maguire, Lisa Maguire, Sherlyn Popelka, Sophia Popov, Klára Spilková, Kelly Tidy, Johanna Tillström, Sally Watson
- 2007: Henrietta Brockway, Carlota Ciganda, Audrey Goumard, Caroline Hedwall, Jacqueline Hedwall, Charlotte Lorentzen, Sara Monberg, Nathalie Månsson, Florentyna Parker, Nicola Rössler, Marta Silva, Sally Watson. Caroline Masson withdrew and was replaced by Jacqueline Hedwall.
- 2005: Carlota Ciganda, Alessandra De Luigi, Lene Krog, Caroline Masson, Belén Mozo, Azahara Muñoz, Anna Nordqvist, Florentyna Parker, Beatriz Recari, Melissa Reid, Marta Silva, Bénédicte Toumpsin
- 2003: Minea Blomqvist, Emma Cabrera-Bello, Claire Grignolo, María Hernández, Pernilla Lindberg, Belén Mozo, Azahara Muñoz, Dewi Claire Schreefel, Marianne Skarpnord, Louise Stahle, Caroline Westrup, Adriana Zwank
- 2002: Carmen Alonso, Minea Blomqvist, Mélodie Bourdy, Emma Cabrera-Bello, Inés Díaz-Negrete, Claire Grignolo, María Hernández, Azahara Muñoz, Maria Recasens, Dewi Claire Schreefel, Elisa Serramia, Louise Stahle
- "The 2015 Solheim Cup: Highlight of the Sporting Year to take place in September" (Press release). Ladies European Tour. 30 May 2014. Archived from the original on 16 October 2014. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-09-16.