This article needs to be updated.September 2019)(
|Montreal City Councillor for Bois-de-Liesse|
|Preceded by||Christian Dubois|
|Succeeded by||Benoit Langevin|
|Leader of Vrai changement pour Montréal|
|Assumed office |
December 23, 2015
|Preceded by||Lorraine Pagé|
|Political party||Vrai changement pour Montréal|
Justine McIntyre is a Canadian politician, who served on Montreal City Council from 2013 to 2017. She represented the Bois-de-Liesse ward in the borough of Pierrefonds-Roxboro, as a member of the Vrai changement pour Montréal political party.
A graduate of the music program at McGill University, prior to her term on city council McIntyre worked as a classical pianist and as communications director of an organization for homeless youth, as well as serving on the board of a youth music education program.
She was elected to Montreal City Council in the 2013 municipal election. She was most prominent as a voice on environmental issues, including banning the use of neonicotinoid pesticides in the city and opposing a controversial proposed new housing development in Pierrefonds West.
She became the leader of Vrai changement pour Montréal after Lorraine Pagé stepped down in 2015. She led the party into the 2017 municipal election, in which it ran candidates only in the boroughs of Pierrefonds-Roxboro, L'Île-Bizard–Sainte-Geneviève, Lachine, Saint-Laurent and Ville-Marie rather than the citywide slate of 2013. McIntyre herself ran for borough mayor of Pierrefonds-Roxboro rather than for Mayor of Montreal, but lost to incumbent borough mayor Dimitrios Jim Beis.
- "Future of Vrai changement in doubt after election-night drubbing". CBC News Montreal, November 8, 2017.
- "Pierrefonds-Roxboro's new mayor plans to focus on youth social issues; Will hold special forum to listen to concerns of marginalized young people". Montreal Gazette, November 6, 2013.
- "Schumann recital less than successful". Ottawa Citizen, March 8, 1999.
- "Piano program lets public play outdoors in Pierrefonds". Montreal Gazette, July 16, 2014.
- "Protecting the Pollinators; Banning neonics from Montreal is an important gesture, Justine McIntyre says". Montreal Gazette, May 29, 2015.
- "Talks but no plans for new housing in Pierrefonds West, mayor says". Montreal Gazette, June 10, 2015.
- "Mélanie Joly's former municipal party 'at a crossroads' after Lorraine Pagé steps down as leader". Montreal Gazette, December 16, 2015.
- "McIntyre unveils slate of candidates for Pierrefonds-Roxboro borough". Montreal Gazette, September 12, 2017.