|Channels||Digital: 12 (VHF)|
|Slogan||Serving Viewers Like You|
12.2: Local programming
|Owner||Guam Educational Telecommunications Corporation|
First air date
|October 30, 1970|
Former channel number(s)
12 (VHF, 1970-2009)
5 (VHF, 2000–2009)
Call sign meaning
|Guam Telecommunications Facility|
|HAAT||177.8 m (583 ft)|
Public license information
KGTF, virtual and VHF digital channel 12, is a Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) member television station serving the U.S. territory of Guam that is licensed to Hagåtña. The station is owned by the Guam Educational Telecommunications Corporation, an agency of the territorial government. KGTF's studios are located in Mangilao, adjacent to Guam Community College, and its transmitter is located on Mount Barrigada in Barrigada. KGTF currently operates from 6 a.m. to midnight seven days a week.
The station signed on the air on October 30, 1970, with only 4½ hours of programming Monday through Friday, of which they would later expand throughout its 50-year history, including producing local shows and various projects. Original materials from PBS Guam have been contributed to the American Archive of Public Broadcasting. PBS Guam received PBS' overhaul branding in late-November 2019.
The station's digital signal is multiplexed:
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming|
|12.1||1080i||16:9||KGTF HD||Main KGTF programming / PBS|
- Channel 12 digital TV stations in the United States
- Channel 12 virtual TV stations in the United States
- "Guam's Newest TV Station". Pacific Daily News. October 30, 1970. p. 3. Retrieved February 28, 2021.
- "PBS Guam in the American Archive of Public Broadcasting". americanarchive.org. Retrieved 2020-07-23.
- RabbitEars TV Query for KGTF
- Official website
- KGTF in the FCC TV station database
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KGTF-TV