|City||Farmington, New Mexico|
|Broadcast area||Four Corners|
|Slogan||"Cultural Beacon of the Four Corners!"|
|First air date||1992|
|HAAT||119 meters (390 feet)|
|Callsign meaning||San Juan Educational|
|Affiliations||Public Radio International|
|Owner||San Juan College|
KSJE (90.9 FM) is a non-commercial radio station licensed to serve Farmington, New Mexico, United States. The station is owned by San Juan College. In addition to its conventional broadcast signal, local programming on KSJE is also available live as streaming audio and recorded as a downloadable podcast.
This station received its original construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on April 18, 1988. The new station was assigned the call letters KSJE by the FCC on June 8, 1988. After receiving an extension to its original permit, KSJE received its license to cover from the FCC on December 9, 1992.
Honors and awards
In April 2001, Constance Gotsch and KSJE received the first place award for "Best Interview or Talk Show" from the New Mexico Press Women, an affiliate of the National Federation of Press Women, at their annual conference in Gallup, New Mexico.
- "College station brings listeners into technology age". The Farmington Daily Times. November 10, 2007.
- "Broadcast Directory". New Mexico Broadcasters Association.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Application Search Details (BPED-19870202MD)". FCC Media Bureau. April 18, 1988.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Application Search Details (BLED-19901108KB)". FCC Media Bureau. December 9, 1992.
- "Journal Chiapas Series Wins Top Award". Albuquerque Journal. April 29, 2001.
- San Juan College
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KSJE
- Radio-Locator information on KSJE
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KSJE
|This article about a radio station in New Mexico is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|