This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The television series is directed by Bart Van Leemputten. Most episodes last about five minutes and are set in Plop's milk inn (which is a toadstool in which he sells plopmilk and plopcookies) or in Gnome forest. The stories often involve pranks by naughty Kabouter Klus ("Chore"). Each episode starts with Plop lying in bed and reviewing what happened the past day. At the end of the episode he says he goes to "Gnome dream land". Most episodes contain a moral.
- Plop is the most responsible Gnome. He owns the milk inn and his cap shows the symbol of a heart. He wears glasses and has a white beard. Played by Walter De Donder.
- Lui ("Lazy") tends to fall asleep often, and may be considered a narcoleptic. He is a mailman, and has the symbol of a letter on his cap and a dark beard. Played by Chris Cauwenbergs.
- Klus ("Chore") is a prankster, although he tends to be victim of his own pranks. He likes to build things, and brags about it. He has a patched cap and wears overalls, has glasses and a red beard. Played by Aimé Anthoni.
- Kwebbel ("Chatter") is a gnome girl with long blond hair. She talks a lot and tends to repeat whatever was just said or just happened. She wears a flower in her cap, and is frequently startled. Played by Agnes De Nul.
- Smul ("Yum") is obsessed by food and eats a lot. He is the leprechaun's cook, and heavier than the other Gnomes. He was added to the show in the second season. He has a short dark beard. Played by Luc Caals.
- Smal ("Slim") is the prettiest Gnome. She has brown hair, a tiny waist, and is very vain. Every Gnome boy is in love with her. Her cap has the symbol of a butterfly. She was introduced together with Smul in the second season. Played by Hilde Vanhulle.