From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the city in India. For other uses, see Kadi.
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (August 2012)|
|Nickname(s): kadi sona ni dadi|
|Elevation||56 m (184 ft)|
|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
- Geographic Location :  .
- Weather : Normal
- Total Numbers of Villages : 120
- Population : Total - 260934, Men - 135723, Women - 125211
- Literacy : Average - 65.8%, Men - 78.55%, Women - 52.02%
- Crops : Sorghum, Cotton, Wheat, Rayado, Cumin seed etc.
- Domestic Animals : Cows, buffaloes, camels, donkeys, goats etc.
- Minerals : Oil & Natural Gas
- Railway : 15 km
- Roads : State Highways, Panchayat Roads etc.
- Industries : Cotton processing, Cotton seed processing, Cotton oil Refineries, Ceramic industry and many more.
- Tourist Points : Balapir bava ki dargah,Pond, Meladi mata temple, Malhavrav Fort, Umiya mata temple, Narmada Canal diversion, Municipal Garden, Malji Bhagat ni Vav, Oghadnath Mahadev temple, thol Lake is there which is 22 km away from kadi, known as a bird sanctuary. Many out of countries birds used to come in winter at thol lake
- Schools : Vidhya Mandir Primary and Higher Secondary School, Sheth R.H.High school & R.C.Patel higher secondary school, Merda-Adraj, Sarva Vidhyalaya Kelavani Mandal, Adarsh Vidhyalay, Zaveri High School, Little Angels School.
- Green vegetable market : In kadi there is a wide green vegetable market and starts trading by early morning and mostly stops before noon, almost green vegetable seller come from nearer villages and sell in bulk qty with lower price. Lemon ( LIMBU ) is available here in large qty at lower price, because around villages have too much plants for lemon.
- Middle class business center : This city is very popular for shopping cloths as well as jewelry ( Ornaments ) while any festival or wedding time arrived.
- local news paper
Kurukshetra,(wed) All the best,(fri) Weekend news,(thu) Sanpark shetu,(sat) Jayraaj,(sun)
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Kadi.|