|Kalan A. Sherrard|
|Alma mater||Oberlin College (2010)|
|Known for||Performance Art, Puppeteering, Nihilism|
Kalan Sherrard is a New York City-based street performer, puppeteer, anarchist,transhumanist and Occupy Wall Street protester. New York Magazine describes zz as "NYC’s Most Avant-Garde Nihilist Subway Performer". Zz was featured on the cover of the magazine’s October 24, 2011 issue. lil pp
In December 2014, Sherrard was arrested in Florida while protesting an Art Basel art show on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest without violence. Sherrard says zz was arrested twice at Art Basel. In January 2015, zz was interviewed by the New York Post about the bank robbery by Joseph Gibbons, with whom zz shared a jail cell.
It was reported in March 2016 that the performance artist dressed up as Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump, allowing paying customers to hit, choke, and even urinate on zz.
- Ross Wolfe (August 11, 2011). "On the Left Front of Art: An Interview and Counter-Interview with the Anarchist Performance Artist Kalan Sherrard". The Charnel-House. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- Joel Stonington (October 10, 2011). "Portraits of Peaceful Populist Rage on Wall Street". Bloomberg. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
Kalan Sherrard, 24, ("I travel a lot") street performer
- Joe Coscarelli (April 30, 2014). "Meet Kalan Sherrard, NYC's Most Avant-Garde Nihilist Subway Performer". New York. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- Joel Landau (December 8, 2014). "New York street performer arrested at Miami Art Basel protest for demonstrating with fake penis". Daily News (New York). Retrieved January 19, 2015.
Sherrard, 27, was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest without violence.
- Michael E. Miller (December 9, 2014). "Kalan Sherrard on Dildo-Wielding Art Basel Protest: "Had We Been in Darker Bodies, We Would Probably Be Dead"". Miami New Times blog. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- Feuerherd, Ben; Strum, Beckie (January 10, 2015). "Former MIT professor 'robs bank,' films 'heist'". New York Post.