|Administrative region||Central Macedonia|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
|• Population||4,672 (2011)|
|• Area (km2)||32.127|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|Vehicle registration||NAx-xxxx to NXx-xxxx|
Kalochori (Greek: Καλοχώρι) is a village and a community of the Delta municipality. Before the 2011 local government reform it was part of the municipality of Echedoros, of which it was a municipal district. The 2011 census recorded 4,672 inhabitants in the village. The community of Kalochori covers an area of 32.127 km2.
In February 2012, it was reported that many historical artifacts had been discovered during an excavation. In September 2016, New Zealanders built a shipping container library for refugees in the area.
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior ‹See Tfd›(in Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-21.
- Countless Treasures Found in the Excavations for the Subway in Thessaloniki
- JONATHAN CARSON (October 2016). "Kiwis build shipping container library for Syrian refugees in Greece". Stuff.co.nz.
|This Central Macedonia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|