Kamala Mills fire
|Date||28-29 December 2017|
|Location||Kamala Mills Compound, Lower Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
The Kamala Mills fire was a major fire accident at the Kamala Mills Compound in 1 Above Pub and Mojo's Bistro pub situated in Lower Parel area of Mumbai which resulted in the deaths of 14 people and several injured including an officer of Indian Armed Forces on 29 December 2017 at 0022hrs.
Injured Persons List
Asst Commandant Rohit Goyal aged 23 in INHS Asvini
Sarojini Sharma aged 28 in INHS Asvini
Sakshi Sharma, 23
Roshni Sharma, 28
Rohan Soni, 22
Rushan Parekh, 21
Jeel Rana, 21
Jankhada Gada, 21
Yesha Gada, 22
Abhishek Kothari, 22
Pallavi Jhakhiya, 27
Utsav Shroff, 26
Deepak Shroff, 31
Pratik Thakur, 28
Neel Doshi, 44
Nupur Jain, 30
Akshita Doshi, 38
Siddharth Shroff, 28
Rohit Nath, 37
Vipasha Thakur, 26
Initial reports suggested the fire broke out in a rooftop restobar, 1Above, and rapidly spread to next door pub Mojo's Bistro, but a technical investigation report of the Mumbai Fire Brigade found the fire started at Mojo’s Bistro due to ‘flying embers’ from a hookah.
Mumbai Fire Brigade's deputy chief fire officer R. Chaudhary said both establishments did not have emergency exits, working fire safety equipment, and flammable material such as tarpaulin sheets and artificial flowers for decoration aggravated the fire.
The fire affected transmission of many television channels as several media companies had their broadcasting office in the compound. Times Now, Mirror Now and ET Now resumed transmission while Movies Now, Movies Now HD, MNX HD, MN+ HD, MNX, Romedy Now, Romedy Now HD and Zoom channels were not transmitting due to major infrastructure losses.
- "14, including 12 women, killed in Mumbai's Kamala Mills fire: Owners charged with culpable homicide". Firstpost.com. Retrieved 30 December 2017.
- "Kamala mills fire: After fire, 314 demolitions in Mumbai; lookout notice for three bar owners". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "Kamala Mills Fire: Woman, Friends Celebrating Birthday Die In Mumbai Rooftop Pub Fire". Ndtv.com. Retrieved 30 December 2017.
- Singh, Dipti (6 January 2018). "Kamala Mills fire started at Mojo's Bistro, not 1Above: fire brigade report". The Indian Express. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- "Mumbai rooftop pub fire kills 14, including woman celebrating birthday". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 30 December 2017.
- "Fire at Times Network Mumbai office, transmission interrupted". Bestmediainfo.com. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|