Kambisseri Karunakaran (31 March 1922 – 27 July 1977) was an Indian journalist writing in Malayalam language. He was the chief editor of Balayugam (Children's monthly), Novel Pathippu (Monthly novel issue), Cine Rama (Fortnightly movie magazine), Janayugam Varika (Weekly) and Janayugam Daily, a group of Publications in Malayalam language owned by the Communist Party of India. Beside being a journalist he was a politician, orator, actor, satirist and rationalist.
Many times he was a member of the State film awards committee.
He died around 4.30 P.M. on 27 July 1977 at the pay ward of the Medical College at Thiruvananthapuram, the capital of Kerala state. According his wish his burial was conducted without social niceties and religious ceremonies with in 6 hours of his death, at his ancestral house "Kambisseril" at Vallikunnam in Alleppey district. The junction near the house is named to his honour as "Kambisseri Mukku" (Kambisseri Junction). A higher secondary school in vallikunnam is also named after him.
- Aana Taxi
- Abhinaya Chinthakal
- Anthya Darsanam
- Kambisseri Kritikal (a collection of writings by Kambisseri published after his death)
- Koonanthara Paramuvum Poona Kesavanum
- Kure Sambhavangal.
- Lead role of Mr. Paramu Pillai in very popular Drama of 1950's "Ningal Enne Communist Aakki" ("You made me a Communist")
- Acted in numerous Radio Dramas
- Kaalam Marunnu (1955)
- Avar Unarunnoo (1956)
- Mudiyanaya Puthran (1961)
- Ninamaninga Kaalppadukal (1963)
- Nithyakanyaka (1963)
- Aadyakiranangal (1964).... Kuttichan
- Aswa Medham(1967).... Kushtarogi
Books about Kambisseri
- Biography published by Kerala Press Academy.
- Biography published by Kerala Sahitya Academy.
- "Ormakalude Sugandham". Book about Kambisseri written by daughter K. Usha.
- "Njanonnu Paranjotte" (Let me tell) an autobiographical book written by Smt. Prema Kambisseri, wife of Kambisseri. Published by Yuvamela Publications, Kollam-691003.
- Sahithyakara directory. Kerala Sahitya Akademi.
|This article about an Indian journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|