|Kannan Oru Kai Kuzhandhai|
|Directed by||N. Venkatesh|
|Written by||N. Venkatesh|
|Produced by||Tirupur Mani|
|Edited by||T. R. Sekhar|
Kannan Oru Kai Kuzhandhai (transl. Kannan is a baby) is a 1978 Indian Tamil-language film directed by N. Venkatesh and produced by Tirupur Mani. The film stars Sivakumar, Sumithra and Sowcar Janaki. It was released on 8 September 1978.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (December 2022)
Kannan, an educated man, who joins a radio shop, where Vasantha is working as a typist, gets an accommodation in the same building where Vasantha is residing by bluffing that he has a widowed mother. When Vasantha and her mother pester him to bring his mother, he makes a shady character, Vasu's mother, who had left him in desperation, to pose as his mother. Vasu's mother sacrifices her life in trying to save Kannan from her son. Vasantha and Kannan are united.
- Sowcar Janaki
- Manorama as the heroine's mother
- Jai Ganesh
- Major Sundarrajan
Kannan Oru Kai Kuzhandhai was the second film for Sathyaraj as actor, and first as production manager. In the opening credits, he was billed by his real name S. N. Rangaraj for his role as the production manager, and by his stage name Sathyaraj for his acting role. The film was directed by N. Venkatesh, and produced by Tirupur Mani under Vivekananda Pictures.
|Kaalai Ilam||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||Bharathidasan|
|Kannan Aruge||Vani Jairam||Pulamaipithan|
|Megame Thoodhaga||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, P. Susheela||Kannadasan|
|Moga Sangeetham||P. Susheela|
- Indian Films. 1978. p. 320. Archived from the original on 12 June 2021. Retrieved 16 August 2019.
- "கண்ணன் ஒரு கை குழந்தை / Kannan Oru Kai Kuzhanthai (1978)". Screen4Screen. Archived from the original on 12 June 2021. Retrieved 12 June 2021.
- "ஆச்சியுடன் ஒப்பிட உலகில் ஒருவர் கூட இல்லை!- மனோரமா குறித்து நடிகர் சத்யராஜ் உருக்கம்". Hindu Tamil Thisai (in Tamil). 12 October 2015. Archived from the original on 12 June 2021. Retrieved 12 June 2021.
- "Cine Biography: Sathyaraj (Part-1)". Dinakaran. 8 August 2000. Archived from the original on 4 August 2003. Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- Rajadhyaksha & Willemen 1998, p. 607.
- "சத்யராஜ் சினிமா தயாரிப்பு நிர்வாகி ஆனார்" [Sathyaraj became a film production manager]. Maalai Malar (in Tamil). 5 August 2016. Archived from the original on 12 June 2021. Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- Rajadhyaksha & Willemen 1998, p. 107.
- "Kannan Oru Kaikkuzandai Tamil Film EP Vinyl Record by Ilayaraja". Mossymart. Archived from the original on 12 June 2021. Retrieved 12 June 2021.
- Sundararaman (2007) . Raga Chintamani: A Guide to Carnatic Ragas Through Tamil Film Music (2nd ed.). Chennai: Pichhamal Chintamani. p. 144. OCLC 295034757.
- Rajadhyaksha, Ashish; Willemen, Paul (1998) . Encyclopaedia of Indian Cinema. British Film Institute and Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-563579-5.