Kannan Oru Kai Kuzhandhai
|Kannan Oru Kai Kuzhandhai|
|Directed by||N. Venkatesh|
|Produced by||Tirupur Mani|
|Written by||N. Venkatesh|
|Edited by||T. R. Sekhar|
Kannan, an educated man, who joins a radio shop, where Vasantha is working as a typist, gets an accommodation in the same building where Vasantha is residing by bluffing that he has a widowed mother. When Vasantha and her mother pester him to bring his mother, he makes a shady character, Vasu's mother, who had left him in desperation, to pose as his mother. Vasu's mother sacrifice's her life in trying to save Kannan from her son. Vasantha and Kannan are united.
- Sowcar Janaki
- Manorama as the heroine's mother
- Jai Ganesh
- Major Sundarrajan
Kannan Oru Kai Kuzhandhai was the second film for Sathyaraj as actor, and first as production manager. In the opening credits, he was billed by his real name S. N. Rangaraj for his role as the production manager, and by his stage name Sathyaraj for his acting role. The film was directed by N. Venkatesh, and produced by Tirupur Mani under Vivekananda Pictures.
- Kaalai Illam Paruthiyile - S. P. Balasubrahmanyam - Bharathidasan
- Kannan Aruge Paadave - Vani Jairam - Pulamaipithan
- Megame Thoonthaaga Vaa - S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, P. Susheela - Kannadasan
- Moga Sangeetham - P. Susheela - Kannadasan
Kannan Oru Kai Kuzhandhai was released on 8 September 1978.
- Indian Films. 1978. p. 320.
- "ஆச்சியுடன் ஒப்பிட உலகில் ஒருவர் கூட இல்லை!- மனோரமா குறித்து நடிகர் சத்யராஜ் உருக்கம்". The Hindu Tamil. 12 October 2015. Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- "Cine Biography: Sathyaraj (Part-1)". Dinakaran. 8 August 2000. Archived from the original on 4 August 2003. Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- Rajadhyaksha & Willemen 1998, p. 607.
- "சத்யராஜ் சினிமா தயாரிப்பு நிர்வாகி ஆனார்" [Sathyaraj became a film production manager]. Maalai Malar (in Tamil). 5 August 2016. Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- Rajadhyaksha & Willemen 1998, p. 107.
- "Kannan Oru Kai Kuzhanthai". MusicIndiaOnline. Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- Sundararaman (2007) . Raga Chintamani: A Guide to Carnatic Ragas Through Tamil Film Music (2nd ed.). Chennai: Pichhamal Chintamani. p. 144. OCLC 295034757.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- "கண்ணன் ஒரு கைக்குழந்தை". Vellitthirai.com (in Tamil). Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- Rajadhyaksha, Ashish; Willemen, Paul (1998) . Encyclopaedia of Indian Cinema (PDF). Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-563579-5.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)