Karnaphuli Paper Mills
|Industry||paper and forest products|
|Parent||Bangladesh Chemical Industries Corporation|
Karnaphuli Paper Mills is a Government-owned paper pulp and paper manufacturer in Chittagong, Bangladesh. The factory is the largest paper producing factory in Bangladesh and operates as a subsidiary of Bangladesh Chemical Industries Corporation. It has faced criticism from not having an effluent treament facility.
Karnaphuli Paper Mills was established in 1953 by Pakistan Industrial Development Corporation. In 1964 the company was sold to Dawood Group. After the Independence of Bangladesh the company was taken over by Bangladesh Industrial Development Corporation.
- 1952-1953 - Christian Kaijser
- "Karnafuli Paper Mills". en.banglapedia.org. Banglapedia. Retrieved 2016-10-05.
- "One mill killing Karnaphuli". 2016-06-05. Retrieved 2016-10-05.
- "Most Chittagong industrial units do not have ETPs | Dhaka Tribune". archive.dhakatribune.com. Retrieved 2016-10-05.
- Burling, Ingeborg, ed. (1956). Vem är det: svensk biografisk handbok. 1957 [Who is it: Swedish biographical handbook. 1957] (in Swedish). Stockholm: Norstedt. p. 500.