Karnataka State Film Awards
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Karnataka State Film Awards|
|Awarded by Government of Karnataka|
|Description||Highest award for
films in Karnataka
|Previous name(s)||Mysore State Film Awards|
Karnataka State Film Awards are the most notable and prestigious film awards given for Kannada film industry in Karnataka, India. These are considered the highest awards for Kannada language films. They are given annually to honor the best talents and provide encouragement and incentive to the Kannada film industry by the Government of Karnataka.
The awards are decided by a committee headed by a panel of Judges. The jury usually consists of eminent personalities from the film field. The awards intends to promote films with artistic values and encourage artists, technicians and producers. The awards are declared by the Minister for Cultural Affairs and are presented by the Chief Minister of Karnataka.
On November 14 2016,Chief Minister of Karnataka Siddaramaiah declared that the State Government will present the Karnataka State Film Awards on April 24, the birthday of thespian Dr. Rajkumar, every year henceforth.
List of Awards
- About Karnataka:Film Industry, Govt of Karnataka
- Film Awards instituted in the name of Vishnuvardhan, K.S. Aswath, Deccan Herald
- Shruti, Murali bag Karnataka film awards, Times of India
- Producers of Children's Films cry foul, Screen[dead link]
- Film awards given away, The Hindu
- Karnataka State Film Awards 2005-06
- Karnataka State Film Awards on April 4
- Annual film awards to be given on Raj's birthday, Deccan Herald