Kasim Hafeez is a British Muslim of Pakistani origin, best known for founding "The Israel Campaign", a pro-Israel advocacy organization. Hafeez is a self-proclaimed Muslim Zionist, who claims that much of the hatred and intolerance of Israel in the Arab world stems from ignorance.
Hafeez says that as a British Muslim household born to parents of Pakistani origin, he has been indoctrinated in his teens to become anti-Israeli and antisemitic. Hafeez has radically changed his views after reading The Case for Israel by Alan Dershowitz, and this shift eventually compelled him to reach out to Israeli advocacy groups.
According to Hafeez, it's "far from easy being a Zionist Muslim in England". Hafeez said he's been marginalized by his community and family. Hafeez, who has found an appreciation for Sufism, stated in a lecture that he felt more at home in Israel than anywhere else, and added "I'm proud to call myself a Zionist". Hafeez visited university campuses around the UK presenting his talk, "The Day I Stopped Hating Israel – Confessions of an ex-Radical." In an interview with the Jewish Telegraph, Hafeez said: "It's not about being pro-Israel or pro-truth, I just want the facts to be heard. Israel is a democratic state. Muslims in Israel have more rights than possibly most Muslims in the Arab world and then there is the reality of the actual conflict. In the UK, most of us can't impact what will happen in Israel, we can't stop rockets falling from Gaza or forge a peace process, but we can tackle the delegitimisation and demonisation of Israel."
- British ‘Muslim Zionist’ tackles anti-Israel bias, blames ignorance. Al Arabiya News. 04 June 2012.
- Meet the Once Anti-Semitic Muslim Who's Now an Ardent Supporter of Israel. The Blaze. Jun. 5, 2012
- Kasims for Qassams: Interview with Kasim Hafeez. January 27, 2014
- Kasim Hafeez, British Muslim and a Proud Zionist. The Huffington Post. 21/01/2013 22:50
- Myron Love. British Muslim Zionist pulls no punches. CJN. February 14, 2012
- Faith Kaplan, A British Muslim Speaks Out About Jews and Israel. Winnipeg Jewish Review. February 13, 2012.
- British 'Muslim Zionist' tackles anti-Israel bias, blames ignorance. Al Arabiya. 04 June 2012
- Kuropatwa, Rebeca. Changing the Muslim narrative. February 14, 2012
- Nationwide Campus Tour with Kasim Hafeez Archived 2013-09-28 at the Wayback Machine.
- "JEWISH TELEGRAPH ONLINE - Leeds News". www.jewishtelegraph.com.