Copely and Stagniunas in 2009.
|Full name||Katherine Leigh Copely|
|Former country(ies) represented||Lithuania |
|Born||January 9, 1988|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Former partner||Deividas Stagniūnas (LTU) |
Patrick Connelly (USA)
Duke Wensel (USA)
|Former coach||Igor Shpilband |
|Former choreographer||Igor Shpilband |
|Former skating club||Baltu Ainiai|
|ISU personal best scores|
2007 Cup of Russia
Katherine Leigh Copely, M.D. (born January 9, 1988) is a former American ice dancer who competed internationally for Lithuania. With partner Deividas Stagniūnas, she is the 4 time Lithuanian national champion and 2 time Bronze Medalist Golden Spin of Zagreb. Together they qualified for the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada after placing in the top 20 at the 2009 World Figure Skating Championships in Los Angeles, California. She received her medical degree in 2018 from Central Michigan University College of Medicine.
Copely partnered with Duke Wensel in 2002. They competed until 2004 on the novice and junior levels. From 2004 to 2006, Copely skated at the junior level with Patrick Connelly. She teamed up with Stagniunas in 2006 to compete for Lithuania. Though they qualified, the team was subsequently prevented from competing at the 2010 Winter Olympics as Katherine was denied Lithuanian citizenship by then president Dalia Grybauskaitė 
|Season||Original dance||Free dance|
With Duke Wensel
|U.S. Championships||7th N.||12th J.|
|N. = Novice level; J. = Junior level|
With Patrick Connelly
|U.S. Championships||8th J.|
|J. = Junior level|
With Deividas Stagniūnas for Lithuania
|GP Cup of Russia||5th||6th||8th|
|GP Skate America||8th|
|GP = Grand Prix|
- "Granting Lithuanian citizenship to Katherine Copely would be in violation of the Constitution". Office of the President of the Republic of Lithuania. November 6, 2009. Archived from the original on July 25, 2011.
- "INTERVIEWS: Katie Copely and Dean Copely". ice-dance.com. January 7, 2003. Archived from the original on October 11, 2007.
- "Katherine Copely & Patrick Connelly". ice-dance.com. August 2004. Archived from the original on October 11, 2007.
- "Katherine COPELY / Deividas STAGNIUNAS: 2009/2010". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on December 16, 2012.
- "Katherine COPELY / Deividas STAGNIUNAS: 2008/2009". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on May 28, 2009.
- "Katherine COPELY / Deividas STAGNIUNAS: 2007/2008". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on June 9, 2008.
- "Katherine COPELY / Deividas STAGNIUNAS: 2006/2007". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on April 29, 2007.
- "Competition Results: Katherine COPELY / Deividas STAGNIUNAS". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on December 16, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Katherine Copely.|
- Katherine Copely / Deividas Stagniunas at the International Skating Union
- Copely / Stagniunas official site
- Co-transplantation of mesenchymal and neural stem cells and overexpressing stromal-derived factor-1 for treating spinal cord injury (Brain Res. 2017 Oct 1;1672:91-105)