Katherine Clare Timpf
October 29, 1988
|Known for||The Greg Gutfeld Show, National Review, Fox News Specialists|
Katherine Clare "Kat" Timpf (//; born October 29, 1988) is an American columnist, television personality, reporter, and comedian. She has frequently appeared on Fox News Channel's The Greg Gutfeld Show and other Fox News shows. In 2017, Timpf co-hosted Fox News Specialists alongside Eric Bolling and Eboni Williams. As of June 2019, she hosts the Fox Nation show Sincerely, Kat.
Early life and education
Timpf has appeared on numerous television and radio programs, including America Live with Megyn Kelly, Cavuto, Fox and Friends, On the Record with Greta Van Susteren, Red Eye, Stossel, The Greg Gutfeld Show, The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore and Sunday Morning Futures With Maria Bartiromo.
She has worked for the Leadership Institute's CampusReform.org in Arlington, Virginia. She has worked as a digital editor for The Washington Times, as the news anchor for NASA's Third Rock Radio, and as a producer and reporter for Total Traffic Network in Santa Ana, California.
Timpf was a 2012 Robert Novak Journalism Fellowship Program grant award recipient through The Fund for American Studies, and completed a project titled, "As California Goes, So Goes the Nation: The Consequences of Following Golden State Policy."
Timpf calls herself a libertarian and believes in limited government, no involvement in economic policy, and allowing social decisions to be made by the individual. According to Timpf, "there is something about me for everyone to hate, but there is also something about me for everyone to agree on."
In 2016 and 2017 she contributed to the "Barstool Sports" Web site. She hosted a weekly podcast called The Kat Timpf Show, in which she talks to a guest about random subjects, including her personal life.
On May 1, 2017, Timpf became a co-host for Fox News Channel's afternoon show called Fox News Specialists with co-hosts Eric Bolling and Eboni Williams. Fox News Specialists was cancelled on September 8, 2017, after Eric Bolling was fired by the network for alleged sexual misconduct.
Timpf's December 27, 2018 column of was publicly retracted by National Review. National Review has stated that the column "left out relevant details" of a Title IX sexual harassment case involving students at the University of Missouri. Timpf's story implied that a female student had complained about unwanted advances due to the fact that the alleged harasser was larger than she was; according to National Review, however, a deposition in the case revealed that the alleged harasser "had made repeated, unwelcome advances toward the female student and was found in violation of Title IX for stalking her".
She co-hosts the weekly Fox News Radio podcast Tyrus and Timpf with professional wrestler Tyrus. As of June 2019, she is the host of her own show on Fox Nation titled Sincerely, Kat on which she answers questions submitted by fans.
She was a keynote speaker at the 2019 YALCON in Silicon Valley.
- Katherine Timpf (October 11, 2015). Gutfeld: Outside the box suggestions for House speaker (mp4) (Television production). New York, NY: Fox News. Event occurs at 6:44.
My birthday is on October 29th
- Maria Bartiromo, Katherine Timpf (July 31, 2015). Baby Boomers warned their 401(K)s have too much stock? (mp4) (Television production). New York, NY: Fox News. Event occurs at 3:07.
How old are you? I'm 26.
- Rowland, Geoffrey (November 12, 2018). "Fox News's Kat Timpf: I was 'chewed out, abused' at establishment over where I work". TheHill.
- EST, Jenni Fink On 11/12/18 at 11:42 AM (November 12, 2018). "Fox News contributor says she was run out of an establishment because of where she works". Newsweek.
- "Twitter Fans Speak Out Against the Heart — NYTimes.com". mobile.nytimes.com. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- "Watch: Kat Timpf Explains Why Professors Aren't 'Sexist' for Assigning Male Authors". June 12, 2019.
- Staff, Guardian (October 31, 2017). "Knives out: why Fox News has declared war on Radiohead" – via www.theguardian.com.
- "Fox News Inks National Review Reporter to Contributor Deal". www.mediaite.com. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- "Jeb and Journalist Share Hilarious Back and Forth Over 'Fixing Messy Room'". www.mediaite.com. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- "Eboni K. Williams, Katherine Timpf and Eric Bolling to Host 5 p.m. Show on Fox News". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 6, 2017.
- "Watch Sincerely, Kat | Fox Nation". Watch Sincerely, Kat | Fox Nation. Retrieved June 23, 2019.
- "America's Future Foundation | Great Opportunity for Journalists: Novak Fellowship". americasfuture.org. Archived from the original on November 17, 2015. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- "At Homecoming with Fox News' Katherine Timpf". The Hillsdale Collegian. October 29, 2015. Retrieved December 30, 2015.
- "7 Questions with Katherine Timpf". First Order Historians. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- "This Fox News Reporter Called Millennial Women "F**king Morons"". Mic. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- Datoc, Christian (August 17, 2015). "Fox Contributor Sets Record Straight On 'Ridiculous' Criticism Of Alabama Sorority Video [VIDEO]". The Daily Caller. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- Red Eye : FOXNEWSW : June 11, 2014 12:00am-1:01am PDT : Free Streaming, retrieved November 13, 2015
- "How did millennials watch the second GOP debate?". Fox News. September 20, 2015. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- The Nightly Show With Larry Wilmore : COM : April 9, 2015 9:53am-10:24am PDT : Free Streaming, retrieved November 13, 2015
- "National Review Reporter Asks Jeb if He Can 'Fix' Her 'Messy Room' — and She Gets a Response Back". The Blaze. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- Towers, Andrea (November 25, 2015). "Fox News contributor gets death threats for mocking 'Star Wars' fans". EW.com. Retrieved March 18, 2016.
- Portnoy, Dave. "Oh No...That's Kat Timpf's Music!". Barstool Sports.
- "The Kat Timpf Show". podcastone.
- "Fox News Launches New 'Specialists' Show at 5 P.M." variety.com. April 28, 2017. Retrieved May 5, 2017.
- Steel, Emily (September 8, 2017). "Fox News Ousts Eric Bolling After Probe Into Lewd Text Messages". The New York Times. Retrieved September 8, 2017.
- "Student Found to Have Violated Title IX in Part by Asking Another Student on a Date". December 27, 2018.
- "Tyrus and Timpf". FOX News Radio. Retrieved January 24, 2019.