This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kathleen Garrett is an American actress, published author and voice-over talent.
Garrett performed in and co-produced the solo play, The Last Flapper by William Luce at the Tiffany Theatres in Los Angeles, receiving positive reviews.
Garrett voiced the role of Pamela Voorhees in trailers for the 2009 Friday the 13th, causing a controversy. Betsy Palmer thought it was her own voice in the film and threatened to sue Paramount. Paramount stated that it would be impossible to pull clean audio from the original film, since the dialogue was tied to music and sound effects, which is why they brought in Garrett to recite the iconic lines.
Garrett played the role of a Vulcan captain in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Vortex". She later appeared in Star Trek: Voyager episode "Muse" as Tanis (Kelis' species), the stage actor who portrayed Captain Kathryn Janeway. Garrett worked again with Star Trek: Voyager actor Robert Beltran in Beltran's production of William Shakespeare's Hamlet, playing the role of Gertrude.
Garrett played the role of Mrs. Alving in the New York City production of Henrik Ibsen's Ghosts at the Century Theatre.
Garrett received the Clio Award for Outstanding Performance of an Actor in a Commercial. She was also awarded the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Award,The Garland Award, Robbie Award, Ovation Nomination and LA Weekly nomination for her performance in the West Coast Premiere of Jean Cocteau's Indiscretions
She continues to work in television, film, theatre, commercials and voice-overs.
Her memoir short-story The 'Figgers': The Day a 12 Year-Old Foiled the FBI, telling how she and her sisters foiled a FBI bust on her father, is published in two parts by Zocalo Public Square and syndicated internationally.
- "Law & Order episode mirrors Dominique Strauss-Kahn sex scandal | Daily Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. 2011-08-16. Retrieved 2019-02-03.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2016-02-27.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- ""Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" Scorched Earth (TV Episode 2011)". IMDb.com. Retrieved 3 February 2019.
- Frym, Michael. "Zelda, the Last Flapper – Variety". Variety.com. Retrieved 2019-02-03.
- "Betsy Palmer on the New Friday the 13th". Shock Till You Drop. 2009-01-29. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
So spot-on was Garrett's voice-over work that the trailer caused much controversy, as Betsy Palmer was convinced that they actually used her voice from the original film without asking her permission.
- TV.com (1993-04-18). "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Season 1, Episode 12: Vortex". TV.com. Retrieved 2019-02-03.
- TV.com (2000-04-26). "Star Trek: Voyager - Season 6, Episode 22: Muse". TV.com. Retrieved 2019-02-03.
- F. KATHLEEN FOLEY (April 25, 1997). "'Star Trek's' Beltran Delivers a Solid 'Hamlet' - latimes". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2019-02-03.
- New York Times, Nov. 26, 1999, Theater Review, "Yielding to Social Sham: The Sin in Ibsen's Creed" by D.J.R. Bruckner
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2016-02-27.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- 14, June. "Actress's Obsession With Jazz Age Golden Girl Lands Her the Part." Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles Times, 14 June 1992. Web. 18 Mar. 2013.
- DON SHIRLEY (March 17, 1999). "Revivals Dominate Drama Critics Circle Awards for '98". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2019-02-03.
- "Articles about Garland Awards". Articles.latimes.com. 1998-05-15. Retrieved 2019-02-03.
- "1990 – 1999 Awards." Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2013.
- Facebook Twitter email Print Article AA (1999-01-06). "Our 20th Annual Theater Awards Nominees". L.A. Weekly. Retrieved 2019-02-03.
- "THE 1998 THEATRE LA OVATION AWARDS: And the nominees are". Backstage.com. Retrieved 2019-02-03.
- Garrett, Kathleen (2016-02-17). "What Are Three Teenagers Supposed to Do When the FBI Raids Their House? | Essay | Zócalo Public Square". Zocalopublicsquare.org. Retrieved 2019-02-03.
- Garrett, Kathleen (2016-02-16). "I Could Never Talk to My Dad About How I Saved Him From Prison | Essay | Zócalo Public Square". Zocalopublicsquare.org. Retrieved 2019-02-03.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-01. Retrieved 2016-02-27.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)