|Born||March 30, 1981|
Pensacola, Florida, U.S.
|Education||Carnegie Mellon University (BFA)|
Katy Mixon (born March 30, 1981) is an American actress. She began her career playing supporting roles in films such as The Quiet (2005), Four Christmases (2008), and State of Play (2009), before landing the female leading role in the HBO comedy series Eastbound & Down (2009–2013).
From 2010 to 2016, Mixon starred as Victoria Flynn, sister to Melissa McCarthy's character, on the CBS sitcom Mike & Molly. She had dramatic parts in films Take Shelter (2011), Drive Angry (2011), and Hell or High Water (2016), and did voice over work in Minions (2015). From 2016 to 2021, Mixon starred as the lead character Katie Otto in the ABC comedy series American Housewife.
Mixon was born and raised in Pensacola, Florida; she is one of seven siblings. She attended the Alabama School of Fine Arts in Birmingham, Alabama and graduated from the Pensacola Private School of Liberal Arts. She received her Bachelor of Fine Arts from the Carnegie Mellon School of Drama.
Mixon's first acting job came in 2001, playing Calpurnia in the Utah Shakespearean Festival's presentation of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. Mixon moved to Los Angeles in 2003. In 2005, she starred in the premiere of the interactive theater play American Standard at the Los Angeles Edgefest. Mixon has performed at Upright Cabaret.
Mixon made her motion picture debut in the 2005 thriller film The Quiet starring Elisha Cuthbert, playing the character Michelle Fell. The next year she appeared in the romantic comedy Blind Dating playing a secondary role. Mixon had a bigger role in the 2008 comedy film Four Christmases playing Jon Favreau's younger wife. In 2009, she had roles in three films: crime drama The Informers, political thriller State of Play, and a Razzie-winning comedy All About Steve. Also from 2009 until 2013 she starred as April Buchanon in the HBO baseball comedy series Eastbound & Down opposite Danny McBride.
In 2010, Mixon was cast as Victoria Flynn in the CBS comedy series Mike & Molly opposite Melissa McCarthy and Swoosie Kurtz. Vanity Fair described her role as "the funniest part" of the sitcom. The series ended in 2016 after six seasons and 127 episodes. During her time on Mike & Molly, Mixon co-starred alongside Jessica Chastain and Michael Shannon in the critically acclaimed independent drama film Take Shelter which was released in 2011. She had a role in the action film Drive Angry (2011) which starred Nicolas Cage; she voiced Tina Nelson in Minions (2015) as well. In 2016, she appeared alongside Jeff Bridges and Chris Pine in the critically acclaimed crime film Hell or High Water.
In 2016, Mixon was cast in the first leading role of her career on the ABC comedy series American Housewife created by Sarah Dunn. Mixon has received positive reviews from critics for her performance as Katie Otto. She was included in People's “One to Watch” list. The series was canceled in 2021 after 103 episodes. In 2022, Mixon played Betsy Faria in the NBC miniseries The Thing About Pam detailing the involvement of Pam Hupp in the 2011 murder of Betsy Faria. Later that year, she was cast opposite Jessica Chastain in the Paramount Network musical drama miniseries George & Tammy.
|2005||The Quiet||Michelle Fell|
|2006||Zombie Prom||Coco||Short film|
|2008||Finding Amanda||Girl #1 with Greg|
|2009||State of Play||Rhonda Silver|
|2009||All About Steve||Elizabeth|
|2011||Take Shelter||Nat||Nominated — Gotham Independent Film Award for Best Ensemble Performance|
|2011||Drive Angry||Norma Jean|
|2012||A Little Something on the Side||Sofia||Short film|
|2016||Hell or High Water||Jenny Ann||Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Award for Best Ensemble|
Nominated — Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Acting Ensemble
|2004||Then Comes Marriage||Audrey||Unsold pilot|
|2007||Reinventing the Wheelers||Caroline Honeybaker||Unsold pilot|
|2008||My Name Is Earl||Sheila||Episode: "Sweet Johnny"|
|2009–2010||Two and a Half Men||Betsy||3 episodes|
|2009–2013||Eastbound & Down||April Buchanon||Series regular, 20 episodes|
|2010–2016||Mike & Molly||Victoria Flynn||Series regular, 127 episodes|
|2011||Robot Chicken||Mary Jane Watson (voice)||Episode: "Major League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"|
|2013||Psych||Ursula Gibbs||Episode: "Cirque du Soul"|
|2013||The Legend of Korra||Additional voice||Episode: "The Voice in the Night"|
|2013||The Looney Tunes Show||Petunia Pig (voice)||Episode: "Mr. Weiner"|
|2016–2021||American Housewife||Katie Otto||Main role (103 episodes)|
|2016||Neo Yokio||Sailor Pellegrino (voice)||Episode: "A Pop Star of Infinite Elegance"|
|2017||Future-Worm!||Additional Voices||1 Episode|
|2018–2019||Big Hero 6: The Series||Barb (voice)||3 episodes|
|2018||Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure||Seraphina (voice)||Episode: "There's Something About Hook Foot"|
|2022||The Thing About Pam||Betsy Faria||Miniseries|
|2022||George & Tammy||Jan Smith||Miniseries|
- Moore, Roger (November 28, 2008). "Pensacola's Katy Mixon catches fire". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "Katy Mixon – Maniac Magazine". November 17, 2010. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- Spitznagel, Eric (February 17, 2011). "Q&A: Mike & Molly's Katy Mixon Says Having a Boob Double Is "Surreal"". Vanity Fair. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "Bean, Espinosa, Schwartz Set for Upright Cabaret's 'Wicked' Summer Nights". Broadwayworld.com. May 14, 2009.
- "Upright Cabaret » Artists". Archived from the original on July 17, 2011. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- Katy Mixon Biography
- Spitznagel, Eric. "Q&A: Mike & Molly's Katy Mixon Says Having a Boob Double Is "Surreal"". Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "All About Steve". September 4, 2009. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "Katy Mixon". Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "April Buchanon played by Katy Mixon". HBO. Retrieved May 9, 2019.
- Levine, Stuart (July 2, 2012). "HBO asks for more 'Eastbound & Down': Pay cabler picks up fourth season of baseball comedy". VARIETY. Variety Media LLC. Retrieved May 9, 2019.
- "Reno Wilson, Katy Mixon join Lorre pilot". Archived from the original on September 21, 2016. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "Take Shelter". September 30, 2011. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "Hell or High Water". August 12, 2016. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 17, 2016). "Katy Mixon To Play The Lead In 'Second Fattest Housewife In Westport' ABC Pilot". Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "American Housewife: Season 1". Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- McFarland, Melanie. "ABC's "American Housewife": Your funny TV friend who wants to have her cake and feel bad about it, too". Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- "'American Housewife' tackles weighty subject – The Boston Globe". Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- "People – One to Watch: Katy Mixon, Chrissy Metz, more". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- Petski, Denise (August 30, 2021). "'The Thing About Pam': Judy Greer & Katy Mixon Join NBC Limited Series".
- "The True Story Behind 'The Thing About Pam'". Time.
- White, Peter (January 24, 2022). "'George & Tammy': Kelly McCormack & Katy Mixon Join Spectrum & Paramount Network Country Music Drama Series".
- "'American Housewife' Star Katy Mixon and Fiancé Breaux Greer Wel - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8". August 16, 2017. Archived from the original on August 16, 2017. Retrieved January 12, 2020.
- "Katy Mixon and Breaux Greer Welcome Daughter Elektra Saint". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved May 25, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Katy Mixon.|