Mixon in 2010
|Born||March 30, 1981|
Pensacola, Florida, U.S.
Katy Mixon (born March 30, 1981) is an American actress. She began her career playing supporting roles in films such as The Quiet (2005), Four Christmases (2008), and State of Play (2009), before landing the female leading role in the HBO comedy series Eastbound & Down (2009–2013).
From 2010 to 2016, Mixon starred as Victoria Flynn, sister to Melissa McCarthy's character, Molly, on the CBS sitcom Mike & Molly. She had dramatic parts in films Take Shelter (2011), Drive Angry (2011), and Hell or High Water (2016), and did voice over work in Minions (2015). In 2016, Mixon began starring as Katie Otto, the lead character in the ABC comedy series American Housewife.
Mixon was born and raised in Pensacola, Florida; she is one of seven siblings. She attended the Alabama School of Fine Arts in Birmingham, Alabama and graduated from the Pensacola Private School of Liberal Arts. She received her Bachelor of Fine Arts from the Carnegie Mellon School of Drama.
Mixon's first acting job came in 2001, playing Calpurnia in the Utah Shakespearean Festival's presentation of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. Mixon moved to Los Angeles, California, in 2003. In 2005, she starred in the premiere of the interactive theater play American Standard at the Los Angeles Edgefest. Mixon has performed at Upright Cabaret.
Mixon has made her motion picture debut in the 2005 thriller film The Quiet starring Elisha Cuthbert, playing the character Michelle Fell. The following year, she appeared in the romantic comedy Blind Dating playing a secondary role. Mixon had bigger a role in the 2008 comedy film Four Christmases playing Jon Favreau's younger wife. In 2009, she had roles in three films: crime drama The Informers, political thriller State of Play, and Razzie-winning comedy All About Steve. Also that year, she began starring as April Buchanon in the HBO baseball comedy series Eastbound & Down opposite Danny McBride.
In 2010, Mixon was cast as Victoria Flynn in the CBS comedy series Mike & Molly opposite Melissa McCarthy and Swoosie Kurtz. Vanity Fair named her "The funniest part" of the sitcom.The series ended in 2016 after six seasons and 127 episodes. During her time in Mike & Molly, Mixon co-starred alongside Jessica Chastain and Michael Shannon in the critically acclaimed independent drama film Take Shelter in 2011. She also had a role in the action film Drive Angry (2011) starring Nicolas Cage, and voiced Tina Nelson in Minions (2015). In 2016, she starred alongside Jeff Bridges and Chris Pine in the critically acclaimed crime film Hell or High Water.
In 2016, Mixon was cast in the first leading role of her career on the ABC comedy series American Housewife created by Sarah Dunn. Mixon has received positive reviews from critics for her performance as Katie Otto. She also was included in People's “One to Watch” list.
|2005||The Quiet||Michelle Fell|
|2006||Zombie Prom||Coco||Short film|
|2008||Finding Amanda||Girl #1 with Greg|
|2009||State of Play||Rhonda Silver|
|2009||All About Steve||Elizabeth|
|2011||Take Shelter||Nat||Nominated — Gotham Independent Film Award for Best Ensemble|
|2011||Drive Angry||Norma Jean|
|2012||A Little Something on the Side||Sofia||Short film|
|2016||Hell or High Water||Jenny Ann||Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Award for Best Ensemble|
Nominated — Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Acting Ensemble
|2004||Then Comes Marriage||Audrey||Unsold pilot|
|2007||Reinventing the Wheelers||Caroline Honeybaker||Unsold pilot|
|2008||My Name Is Earl||Sheila||Episode: "Sweet Johnny"|
|2009–2010||Two and a Half Men||Betsy||3 episodes|
|2009–2013||Eastbound & Down||April Buchanon||Series regular, 20 episodes|
|2010–2016||Mike & Molly||Victoria Flynn||Series regular, 127 episodes|
|2013||Psych||Ursula Gibbs||Episode: "Cirque du Soul"|
|2013||The Looney Tunes Show||Petunia Pig||Episode: "Mr. Weiner"|
|2016–present||American Housewife||Katie Otto||Main role|
|2016||Neo Yokio||Sailor Pellegrino (voice)||Episode: "A Pop Star of Infinite Elegance"|
|2018||Big Hero 6: The Series||Barb (voice)||2 episodes|
|2018||Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure||Seraphina (voice)||Episode: "There's Something About Hook Foot"|
- Moore, Roger (November 28, 2008). "Pensacola's Katy Mixon catches fire". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "Katy Mixon – Maniac Magazine". November 17, 2010. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- Spitznagel, Eric (February 17, 2011). "Q&A: Mike & Molly's Katy Mixon Says Having a Boob Double Is "Surreal"". Vanity Fair. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "Bean, Espinosa, Schwartz Set for Upright Cabaret's 'Wicked' Summer Nights". Broadwayworld.com. May 14, 2009.
- "Upright Cabaret » Artists". Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- http://www.starpulse.com/Actresses/Mixon,_Katy/Biography/ Katy Mixon Biography
- Spitznagel, Eric. "Q&A: Mike & Molly's Katy Mixon Says Having a Boob Double Is "Surreal"". Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "All About Steve". September 4, 2009. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "Katy Mixon". Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- HBO asks for more 'Eastbound & Down' http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056210
- "HBO: Eastbound & Down: April Buchanon". Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "Reno Wilson, Katy Mixon join Lorre pilot". Archived from the original on September 21, 2016. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "Take Shelter". September 30, 2011. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "Hell or High Water". August 12, 2016. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 17, 2016). "Katy Mixon To Play The Lead In 'Second Fattest Housewife In Westport' ABC Pilot". Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "American Housewife: Season 1". Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- McFarland, Melanie. "ABC's "American Housewife": Your funny TV friend who wants to have her cake and feel bad about it, too". Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- "'American Housewife' tackles weighty subject – The Boston Globe". Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- "PEOPLE One to Watch: Katy Mixon, Chrissy Metz, more - EW.com". Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- "Katy Mixon and Breaux Greer Welcome Daughter Elektra Saint". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Katy Mixon.|