This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kaval Sviri (Bulgarian: Кавал свири) whose title translates as "The Flute Plays" is a traditional Bulgarian folk song. A popular version was arranged by Petar Lyondev and performed by Ensemble Trakia on the grammy award winning album Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares, Vol. II (album), released in 1987 by Disques Cellier in Switzerland.
|Bulgarian (Cyrillic alphabet)||Transliterated into Latin alphabet||Translated into English|
Кавал свири, мамо,
Я ще ида, мамо, да го видя,
Ако ми е нашенчето
Kaval sviri, mamo,
Ja shte ida mamo da go vidja,
Ako mi e nashencheto
The kaval is playing, mother,
I will go, mother, to see it,
If it's a guy from our village
- "Marcel Cellier Présente Le Mystère Des Voix Bulgares - Le Mystère Des Voix Bulgares (Volume 2)" (image). Discogs. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- "Past Winners". Grammy.com. National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Archived from the original on 21 July 2014.
- McAvan, Emily (2012). The Postmodern Sacred : Popular Culture Spirituality in the Science Fiction, Fantasy and Urban Fantasy Genres. Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Company. pp. 81–82. ISBN 9780786463886.
- Buchanan, Donna A., ed. (2007). Balkan popular culture and the Ottoman ecumene music, image, and regional political discourse. Lanham, Md.: Scarecrow Press. p. 256. ISBN 9780810866775.
- "Lady Gaga Posts a Video with a Bulgarian Folk Song on Instagram". BNT News. 24 August 2017.
- Storm, Lily. "Folk Song Lyrics Archive - Kaval Sviri". songbat.com. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
|This song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Bulgaria-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|