This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Born||4 June 1993|
|Genres||Indie, electronic, avant-garde, synthpop|
|Occupation(s)||Songwriter, musician, producer|
|Instrument(s)||Vocals, keyboards, guitar, electric bass, violin|
|Labels||Critical Heights (Fire Records), O Genesis Recordings, Gnar Tapes|
Keel Her is the musical recording project of Rose Keeler-Schaffeler, from Winchester, Hampshire, England. She currently resides in London, UK. Keeler-Schaffeler began writing and recording "bedroom" music in 2007 for therapeutic reasons, and has continued this as part of her daily routine since. As a child, she learnt the violin, but is largely a self-taught musician; she plays guitar, bass, keyboards and sings. She has described her writing process as being like a "stream of consciousness". She has collaborated with musicians including lo-fi bedroom musician R. Stevie Moore, Daniel O'Sullivan, and has worked with other artists such as Hot Sugar, Linda Smith and Clairo (Claire Cottrill).
In 2012, just before moving to Brighton, Keeler-Schaffeler signed to Critical Heights (sister label of Fire Records) where she released three singles and a self-titled LP. She left the label in 2015, choosing to self-release and work with independent labels. Her second album, With Kindness, produced by James Hoare (Veronica Falls, Ultimate Painting) was released on 7 June 2019 on Tim Burgess' record label O Genesis Recordings.
During the lockdown, Keeler-Schaffeler worked on a project called Lean Logic with Nick Carlisle (Bamboo, Peepholes). They released their first album, 'The Last Mirage' digitally on 28 May 2021 with O Genesis Recordings.
Keeler-Schaffeler sang on Tim Burgess' solo album 'I Love The New Sky' (released 22nd May 2020 on Bella Union) and featured in the official video of single 'The Mall'. She was part of his touring band, visiting the US in March 2020 where their tour was curtailed by the pandemic. After the pandemic, they toured in the UK during 2021 and 2022. Keeler-Schaffeler sang on his subsequent album, 'Typical Music' (released 23 September 2022 on Bella Union) and featured in the official video of "Here Comes The Weekend"
- 2012 Prize Catch 7" EP (Critical Heights)
- 2012 With Me Tonight/Boner Hit 7" Single (O Genesis Recordings)
- 2012 Riot Grrrl 7" Single (Critical Heights)
- 2013 Don't Look At Me 7" Single (Critical Heights)
- 2014 Keel Her CD/LP (Critical Heights)
- 2016 Keel Her / Claire Cottrill Cassette (Third Floor Tapes)
- 2019 With Kindness CD/LP (O Genesis Recordings)
- 2021 The Last Mirage Digital (O Genesis Recordings)
- "Shut Up and Listen". Shut Up and Listen. Retrieved 2 June 2018.
- "The Quietus | Features | Escape Velocity | The Avalanche Of Rose: An Interview With Keel Her". The Quietus. Retrieved 2 June 2018.
- "The Pastoral Machine". Apm Music. Retrieved 21 January 2023.
- "The Last Mirage". Bandcamp. Retrieved 21 January 2023.
- "The Mall". Youtube. Retrieved 25 May 2021.
- "Tim Burgess at Paste Studio NYC live from The Manhattan Center". YouTube. Retrieved 25 May 2021.
- "Here Comes The Weekend". Youtube. Retrieved 21 January 2023.