|Industry||Music & Entertainment|
|Headquarters||Hackney, London, England, United Kingdom|
|Femi Adeyemi (CEO)|
NTS (also known as NTS Radio or NTS Live) is an online radio station and media platform based in the Hackney area of London, England. The station was founded in April 2011 by Femi Adeyemi and produces a diverse range of live radio shows, digital media and live music based events. Its tag line is 'Don't Assume'.
NTS has live stations in London, Manchester, Los Angeles and Shanghai and it broadcasts content live from over 30 cities a month. According to the Institute of Contemporary Arts, "NTS Radio is a family of like-minded and passionate individuals, dedicated to supporting exciting music and culture through online radio and events. NTS uncovers the best of the musical past, celebrates the present and cultivates the future of the underground music scene, and prides itself on being open-minded and experimental".
The radio station has collaborated with a number of brands, including Adidas, Carhartt, Johnnie Walker and Uniqlo. In collaboration with Uniqlo, NTS selects DJs to play once a month at the Tate Modern after regular opening hours.
Hosts and artists
All hosts and artists that appear on NTS are selected by three of the NTS team: Fergus McDonald (Head of Programming), Sean McAuliffe (Managing Director) and Femi Adeyemi (CEO).
There are over 200 regular hosts. A number of musicians, DJs and record labels have appeared on NTS as guests, including:
- "NTS Radio founder Femi Adeyemi can be the next John Peel — if he wants to — What's on". Hackney Gazette. 31 October 2013. Archived from the original on 9 November 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "The rise and rise of NTS Radio". Dummymag.com. 20 April 2012. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "NTS Radio: Open Call For Jingles". The Wire. 16 June 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- Nosheen Iqbal (26 April 2013). "Liz Kershaw; Morning Marauders: radio review | Television & radio". The Guardian. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- Clare Considine (3 April 2015). "How London's NTS is helping to redefine live radio". The Guardian. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "NTS Radio Comes To Los Angeles". The Guardian. 10 November 2016. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "NTS Radio - Institute of Contemporary Arts". Ica.art. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- Considine, Clare (3 April 2015). "How London's NTS is helping to redefine live radio". The Guardian. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- King, Ashley (19 May 2019). "Adidas Originals Launches Its 'Don't Assume' Collaboration with NTS Radio". Digital Music News. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- Skala, Jemima (3 July 2019). "'We push each other forwards': tuning into the north's independent radio scene". The Guardian. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- "UNIQLO TATE LATES". the Tate. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- Looq, Michelle (19 April 2016). "The Golden Age of Internet Radio was Born in a Shack in East London". Thump.vice.com. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- "NTS online radio award winner". Radiotoday.co.uk. 19 August 2014. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- Bowenbank, Starr (5 September 2018). "AIM Independent Music Awards Winners: Jorja Smith, SOPHIE, Ninja Tune & More". Billboard. Retrieved 19 July 2019.