Keith Jones (cricketer, born 1951)
|Full name||Alan Keith Colin Jones|
20 April 1951 |
Solihull, Warwickshire, England
|Domestic team information|
Source: Cricinfo, 13 July 2012
Alan Keith Colin Jones (born 20 April 1951) is an English former cricketer. Jones was a right-handed batsman who bowled right-arm medium pace. He was born at Solihull, Warwickshire, and was educated at Solihull School.
Jones made his first-class debut for Warwickshire against Scotland at Edgbaston in 1969. His next first-class appearance came during his university studies for Oxford University against Warwickshire. He made 28 further first-class appearances for the university, the last of which came in The University Match of 1973 against Cambridge University at Lord's. In his 29 first-class appearances for the university, Jones scored 1,102 runs at an average of 21.19, with a high score of 111. This score, which was his only first-class century came against Nottinghamshire in He also made two first-class appearances for a combined Oxford and Cambridge Universities team, against the touring Australians in 1972 and the touring New Zealanders in 1973. It was for Oxford University that he also made his List A debut for in the 1973 Benson & Hedges Cup against Leicestershire. He made three further appearances in that season's competition, against Warwickshire, Northamptonshire and Worcestershire. He scored a total of 153 runs in these matches, at an average of 38.25 and with a high score of 82, which came against Northamptonshire.
Following the end of his studies in 1973, Jones returned to Warwickshire, where he played a half a dozen matches for the county at the end of the 1973 season. He made three first-class appearances in the County Championship against Kent, Middlesex and Gloucestershire, as well as making three List A appearances in the John Player League against Surrey, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire.
- "First-Class Matches played by Keith Jones". CricketArchive. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "First-class Batting and Fielding For Each Team by Keith Jones". CricketArchive. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Oxford University v Nottinghamshire, 1971". CricketArchive. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "List A Matches played by Keith Jones". CricketArchive. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "List A Batting and Fielding For Each Team by Keith Jones". CricketArchive. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Northamptonshire v Oxford University, 1973 Benson & Hedges Cup". CricketArchive. Retrieved 14 July 2012.