|Born||4 January 1971|
Kalden "Kelly" Sonam Dorji (born 4 January 1971) is an Bhutanese-born-Indian Film actor, model, and artist.
Dorji's father is Lynpo Paljor Dorji, widely known as Dasho Benji, the permanent advisor to Bhutan's National Environment Commission. His mother is Louise Dorji, an author of children's books and a founding member of Bhutan Broadcasting Service (BBS). Dorji attended St. Paul's School in Darjeeling and Sherubtse College in eastern Bhutan. He earned an honors degree in History at St. Xavier's College in Mumbai. Dorji's grandfather was Bhutanese Prime Minister Jigme Palden Dorji. Dorji is a member of the Dorji Family of Bhutan and descendant of the Sikkim Royal Family.
Kelly Dorji rose to prominence as a fashion model in the late-1990s and early 2000s in India. He worked as a runway model in India for designers such as Shahab Durazi, JJ Valaya, Arun Khanna, Rohit Bal, and Tarun Tahiliani and as a print model in London for Models Out of Town. Dorji hosted English television show 'Star Biz' for Star TV with co-anchor Lisa Ray.
Kelly Dorji has acted in almost 30 films over the course of his career. He made his acting debut in 2005 as the main antagonist opposite Ajay Devgan and Bobby Deol in Mani Shankar's Tango Charlie. In 2008, Dorji moved to the Telugu film industry where he gained recognition for films such as the 2007 action hit Don opposite Nagarjuna and Ek Ka Dum opposite Mahesh Babu. Dorji has also been influential in boosting the popularity of Bhutanese films in his own country with the release of his Dzongkha film Sem Gawai Tasha in 2011.
Dorji is well known for his own film stunts, much of which were self-choreographed. He also designed sequences for pageants, and assisted choreographer Lubna Adam. After a near death accident in 2013, Dorji limits his stunt work in films but continues to act.
Kelly Dorji is a painter and photographer. He has studied painting with a number of artists including Elsie Evans, Sidharth, and Karma Wangdi. He studied photography with fashion photographer Chien-Wien Lee. Dorji exhibits his work at contemporary art gallery Gray Area in Thimphu, Bhutan.
Dorji lives in Thimphu, Bhutan. He owns a luxury travel company, Terton Travel Bhutan.
Dorji supports the Bhutanese contemporary art sector more broadly as an advisor on the board of the Voluntary Artist's Studio of Thimphu (VAST). Dorji serves an executive board member for the Tarayana Foundation. An avid enduro motorcylist, Dorji rides for charity with the Tarayana Dragons.
|2005||Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose: The Forgotten Hero||Hindi||Hideki Tōjō|
|2005||Tango Charlie||Hindi||Bodo Militant Leader|
|2005||Khamoshh... Khauff Ki Raat||Hindi||Criminal|
|2005||Fareb||Hindi||Inspector Kelly Dorji|
|2005||Ek Ajnabee||Hindi||Bangkok Police Officer Kelly|
|2009||Billa||Telugu||Rashid (Drug dealer)|
|2010||Krantiveer – The Revolution||Hindi|
|2010||Sem Gawai Tasha||Dzongkha||Pilot|
|2011||Badrinath||Telugu||Sarkar||Release: 4 June 2011|
|2011||The Lost Gold of Khan||English||Pao||(Pre-production)|
|2014||1: Nenokkadine||Telugu||Antonio Rosarius|
|Brother of Bommali||Telugu|
- "Bhutanese Royal Family". Royal Ark.
- "Metho's Great Adventure". Amazon.com.
- "11 New Children's Books Published". Save the Children.
- "Bevy of Top Indian Models to Dazzle at the Lakme India Fashion Week". Business Wire India.
- "Interview with Agnimitra Paul, Fashion Designer from India's West Bengal". BiBi Magazine. 8 December 2016.
- "Kelly Dorji". The Times of India.
- "I'm hoping to expand Bhutan film market: Kelly Dorji". The Times of India.
- "Beauty and the beat". The Times of India.
- "Shine on you crazy diamonds". The Times of India.
- "Kelly Dorji Profile". Movie Talkies.
- "Contemporary art in Bhutan". Art Radar.
- "Kelly Dorji Profile". Movie Talkies.
- "Why Choose Us". Terton Travel Bhutan.
- "Charity Ride to Celebrate His Majesty the Fourth Druk Gyalpo's 60th Birth Anniversary". The Bhutanese.