Kelsey (given name)
|Meaning||"ship's island", "victory ship"|
Kelsey is a mainly feminine given name of English origin. The name most probably derives from an Old English given name Ceolsige, which meant "ship's victory", or it could be a place name meaning "Cenel's island". "Cenel's Island" is a combination of the Old English word "cenel", meaning "fierce", and "eg", meaning island.
Kelsey was the 201st most popular name for girls born in the United States in 2007. It was among the top 50 most popular names for girls there in the 1990s. It was last ranked among the top 1,000 most common names for boys there in 1996. It was the 528th most common name for women in the United States in the 1990 census. Kelsey was ranked among the top 100 names for girls born in Scotland in 2007. It was also among the top 100 names for girls born in England and Wales in the late 1990s.
People with the given name Kelsey:
- Allen Kelsey Grammer (born 1955), American actor, director, and writer
- Kelsey Chow (born 1991), American actress
- Kelsey Davis (born 1987), American soccer player
- Kelsey Griffin (born 1987), American basketball player
- Kelsey Plum (born 1994), American basketball player
- Kelsey Card (born 1992), American athlete
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|