|Traded as||MYX: 6483|
|Founded||1973as K & N Kenanga Sdn Bhd|
237 Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur
|Revenue||RM592.4 million (2014)|
|RM30.3 million (2014)|
|Total assets||RM5.7 billion (2014)|
|Total equity||RM854.6 million (2014)|
The company was founded in 1973 by Tengku Noor Zakiah Tengku Ismail, the first Bumiputera female stockbroker in Malaysia, with her business partner and is one of the first stockbroking houses in Malaysia. It was listed on the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange in 1996. The company's key subsidiary, Kenanga Investment Bank, is the largest independent investment bank by equity trading and volume, has the largest network of stockbrokers in the country, and is one of the top three Malaysian stockbrokers by market share. In 2012, Kenanga IB acquired ECM Libra's investment banking and stockbroking business. The group further expanded by purchasing ING Group's local fund management unit in 2014.
Significant stakes in the company have changed hands throughout its history. It received a 30% equity investment from the U.S. financial group John Hancock in 1989. John Hancock sold its holding to Deutsche Bank in 1991. Deutsche remained a significant shareholder until 2015 to when it disposed part of its interest to Tokai Tokyo. Through a series of merger transactions in 2001, the company's largest shareholder (with a 21 percent interest) is the Cahya Mata Sarawak, an investment holding company linked to the family of former Sarawak chief minister Abdul Taib Mahmud.
- Annual Report 2014, K & N Kenanga Holdings Berhad, 2014-12-31, retrieved 2014-08-19
- Lee, Liz (2012-12-15). "Up close and personal with Tengku Datuk Paduka Noor Zakiah Tengku Ismail". The Star. Retrieved 2015-08-21.
- Tee, Lin Say (2015-05-08). "Deutsche Bank to exit Kenanga, Tokai Tokyo enters". The Star. Retrieved 2015-08-21.
- "Malaysia OKs K&N Kenanga's acquisition of ECM Libra's units". Reuters. 2012-06-08. Retrieved 2015-08-21.
- Chew, Elffie (2014-03-06). "Deutsche Bank Said Seeking to Sell Malaysian Brokerage Stake". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2015-08-21.
- "Our history". K & N Kenanga Holdings Berhad. Retrieved 2015-08-21.