Kenneth C. Clatterbaugh is an American philosopher. He was Chair of the department of Philosophy at the University of Washington for fifteen years. He retired in 2012. His interests are modern philosophy, social philosophy, and gender studies, philosophy of religion. His latest book is a satirical look at some aspects of American Christianity. It is a novel, not an academic book although it contains considerable philosophical argument.)
- Contemporary Perspectives on Masculinity: Men, Women, and Politics in Modern Society. Second Edition. Westview Press, Boulder, Colorado, 1997. ISBN 0-8133-2701-6
- The Causation Debate in Modern Philosophy, 1637-1739, Routledge, New York and London, 1999. ISBN 0-415-91476-0
- The Freedom of Will, Friesen Press, Victoria, Canada, 2016. ISBN 978-1-4602-8303-5
- "The Oppression Debate in Sexual Politics", in Rethinking Masculinity: Philosophical Explorations in Light of Feminism, eds. Robert A. Strikewerda and Larry May, 169-190. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman & Littlefield, 1992. Reprinted from 2nd edition in Social Ethics 5th edition (1996) edited by Thomas A Mappes and Jane S Zembaty (McGraw Hill)
- "Mythopoetic Foundations and New Age Patriarchy" in The Politics of Manhood ed. Michael S. Kimmel. Philadelphia: Temple University Press (1995): 44-63.
- "Cartesian Causality, Explanation, and Divine Concurrence", History of Philosophy Quarterly. 12:2 (April, 1995): 195-207.
- "Unpacking the Monad: Leibniz's Theory of Causality", The Monist, Causality before Hume (July, 1996): 409-426.
- "What is Problematic about 'masculinities'?", Men and Masculinities 1:1 (July 1998): 24-45.
- "Masculinity Politics," "Men's Rights,""Men's Liberation," "Anti-Feminism", Routledge International Encyclopedia of Men and Masculinities, 2007.
- Modern Causation before Hume," Oxford Handbook on Causation, 2009.
- www.menweb.org Whose Keepers, What Promises? (1995)
|This biography of an American philosopher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|